Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

Using DialogBox in FSX

Hi,I've been trying to create a Dialog box in FSX using the DialogBox API call and with the resource for the dialog box in a resource only dll.Creating the box works fine and it displays correctly but... I can't communicate with the dialogbox ! I receive the WM_INITIALZE message and from then on the WM_REDRAW message but the title bar of the dialog stays in the "unfocussed" state and when I try to click the dialog (or the FSX window for that matter) I get the typical low xylophone "bong" sound. I also tried setting DialogMode via SimConnect but except for the background of the main FSX window turning black, this has no effect on the behaviour of the dialog box.Has anyone succeeded in working with DialogBox in FSX so far ? Any tricks I may have missed ?Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

It may be that the dialogbox is opening behind the FS window or on the desktop,that's why you're getting those beeps whenever you click.You need to draw that dialog window in the video mode FS is in.DirectDraw::FlipToGDISurface is probably what you need to use.There's a lot more to it than that, not trivial stuff, more trouble than its worth if you ask me.However the 'FullScreenDialog' example in the DirectX SDK provides the details and code for how to do this.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg