Sign in to follow this  
Guest fokker70

Adding two new elements (yoke & night lighting) to a 2Dpanel

Guest fokker70

This will bemy first post in this particular forum. To say I am a newbie is beyond a statement of the obvious right now. So hopefully some experts will be kind and guide me into exploring this part of our hobby. Now to my questions. I am learning how to modify my personal panels for my own use.1. I have added a movable yoke to a particular 2D panel, but the gauges behind the yoke bleed through and become unreadable as they are essentially scattered as the yoke moves over them. Is there some good documentation or resources to understand what is happening and how to make adjustments?2. I like to modify the main panel bmp to reflect correct night lighting that cascades across the panel in real life. I have no idea, though my research on how or where to start this modification.

1. It will be best to place the yoke on a separate pop up panel. Then when there are no 0,0,0 and/or 1,1,1 colours (which will be transparent) used for its visible parts it should work fine.2. That depends on the FS version. In FSX you can use a second set of bitmaps (for the panel as well as for the gauges) having the same name plus an added '_night'.In FS-9 you'll have to use some tricks to get that working - but it's possible.Maybe you'll also need to set the luminous flags used for the gauge's bitmap to meet your requirements. The SDK will tell you more about this.Good luck!

Guest fokker70

Thanks for your responses, they look to push me a little more in the right direction.