Sign in to follow this  

I've created a fuel range indicator gauge in nautical XML for my own personal use, but I'm having a problem. When I shut the aircraft off (cold & dark) the gauge still stay illuminated (on). Is there a way to make the gauge turn off when I shut the aircraft down (Avionics/Main)?%((A:Eng fuel flow GPH:1, gallons per hour) (A:Eng fuel flow GPH:2, gallons per hour) + (A:Eng fuel flow GPH:3, gallons per hour) + (A:Eng fuel flow GPH:4, gallons per hour) + 60 / (A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallon) r / 60 / (A:GPS Ground Speed, knot) *)%!06d!Used Fuel Indicator(A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallon) (>L:clear,enum)(L:Conv, bool) ! (>L:Conv, bool)Used Fuel IndicatorAny help is appreciated. Thanks J.R.

Wrap all your existing sets into a global with a statement: (A:Electrical master battery,bool) your existing stuff more stuff

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Besides what Bill said, there are two flags controlling the night appearance. 'Luminous' refers to the luminous colour described in the panel.cfg and makes those elements illuminated when the panel lights are on. 'Bright' will let those elements (bitmaps, strings etc.) allways appear as if it was daytime. This fits very well to digital LED or LCD displays.In your code you used for the string 'Bright = Yes' which will be fine if it represents a LED or LCD font (but then Arial?). For this you'll indeed nedd some code to switch it off - the visible statement is the best - but in case the string represents somehow the old style rolling numbers, they will be visible but dark when the battery is off. So instead of 'Bright' 'Luminous' would be better here.