Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwilliams

Airspeed Problem

Guest dwilliams

Hi Again,I need help for a gauge to display the best climb speed and control the speed of the aircraft.1.Below 6000ft indicated

Guest dwilliams

correct to #6 - too many L's2100 (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)(L:BCSmode, bool) ! (>L:BCSmode, bool)(L:BCSmode,bool) (>K:AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_SET) 0(>L:Autopilot VS Hold, bool)Clarification:Also, do I have to have an auto throttle?My IAS does not work at this time???This is a turboprop.

Basically it sounds like you're looking for a FL/CH mode. I have used Rob Barendregt's FL/CH gauge ( here in the library around 14 March 2004 ) with mods +/- 8000 fpm so I could use it for fuel testing prior to the RTW race in WWII aircraft. It works quite well. For your use, modifying (G:Var8) in the gauge ( speed changes vs. alt ) and putting your requested ALT into (L:FlcFL, number) should give you what you need.With this gauge VS and Alt are the only modes used. You would have to code a little bit of your AP to override this gauge on mode change.RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest dwilliams

OK,Well the Rob Barendregt's gauge didn't work since this is not a jet and I do not have an auto-throttle. But I think I found a way to break it down into two parts. Here is the visual Part:1. --- This code runs through 3 different climb modes displayed---- 0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) (L:BCSMODE, enum) 2 > if{ 1 (>L:BCSMODE, enum) } els{ (L:BCSMODE, enum) ++ (>L:BCSMODE, enum) }2. ---Which are Displayed on the Panel---(L:BCSMODE, enum)3. ---I need this next part to work just like the above code to run through as the different modes and move the airspeed bug on the ASI. I only got one to work at a time, but not together. (I don't know how to make it like the above code - so when the switch is pressed again and again, it will change modes) plus the associated code below.(L:BCSMODE, enum) 1 ==200 (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)(L:BCSMODE, enum) 2 ==185 (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)(L:BCSMODE, enum) 3 ==170 (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)This part will be the variable for the associated speed above for that Altitude based on -1kt for every 1000 ft gained. So that the altitude change will change the speed bug accordingly.////This one is for the mode 1 which needs combining////------------------------------------------------------- ////(A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 1000 / int 200 r - ////////[200 (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)////The others will be - mode 2 (185) - mode 3 (170).I'm still working on the 2nd part, I'll post it later with what I have.Thanks,Dan

Here's a combination code to directly input to A/S.Psuedocode -(Altitude, feet) 6000 < if{ 200 } els{ 200 (Altitude, feet) 6000 - 1000 / - } >NOT_THE_AP_AIRSPEED_BUG but climb calc input for speedStill Rob's gauge may help. I used it in a F8F-2 Bearcat ( no A-throttle, big radial engine ) for climb/fuel/speed to climb tests.Once I took off, started to climb and lets say, at 165 knots clicked the gauge.. The gauge would then take over and maintain a climb/descent angle in order to maintain 165 Knots no matter what the thottle setting was. Parts of the code may come helpful further down in your gauge to maintain climb acoording to airspeed schedule. Due to copyright I cannot recreate the code needed.RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest dwilliams

Hi Roman,I just sent you an e-mail through the Forum. Did you get it?Regards,Dan