Sign in to follow this  
Guest jprintz

VC Eyepoint angle

HelloIs it possible to put a certain zoom and angle to the Eyepoint in VC view?The thing in my Case is that I have to put an angle to the Eyepoint so that the view would me about 5 Degrees down.Does anyone has an adwise for that?Thanks and CheersIsra

In the panel.cfg look for/ add :Under the ZOOM entry it will follow once loaded AND zoom is never reset via FS. IE BACKSPACE ( USE FSUIPC FOR CUSTOM COMMAND )Under direction entries the first value = -up/+down, second = bank, third = yaw +right/-left.In your case ---VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000{VIEWS} 80.000VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=0.750VIEW_REAR_DIR=8.000, 0.000, 0.000VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.750VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=0.000, 0.000, -80.000VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.750VIEW_LEFT_DIR=20.000, 0.000, -55.000VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.750VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=25.000, 0.000, -15.000VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=0.750VIEW_DOWN_DIR=75.000, 0.000, 0.000_______________________________________If you have FSUIPC registered, this entry in the .INI will set the "backspace" button to auto reset to 0.75 zoom always. See FSUIPC docs for more info.{Keys} < ----- Again square brackets0=8,8,65550,0,65655,0RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hello RomanThanks for your respond!The thing is that change the panel.cfg will effect the 2D Panel.I only need to change the VC view. Should it not be done in the Aircraft.cfg?

Those settings work form me in the VC. And yes unfortunatly it does affect 2D panel too. The eyepoint values in the aircraft.cfg are FWD/AFT, LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN ( not sure on order ) looking forward and level. Basically where the eyes are located (aircraft.cfg), not where they are looking(panel.cfg).RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

So there is no way to put an angle into the aircraft.cfg?[Views]eyepoint=10.1, 0, 1.55 Cheers Isra

Guest jprintz

I've never gotten it to work either. In fact, as far as I can tell, no one has ever even successfully gotten their custom VC view to override the cameras.cfg to become the new DEFAULT VC view. The beginning of the panels SDK makes it sound like it can be done, and that the SDK will address how, but it never does. And I've tried so many different combinations of settings, and posted questions on this and other forums, but... nothing. A real shame!

>I've never gotten it to work either. In fact, as far as I can>tell, no one has ever even successfully gotten their custom VC>view to override the cameras.cfg to become the new DEFAULT VC>view. The beginning of the panels SDK makes it sound like it>can be done, and that the SDK will address how, but it never>does. And I've tried so many different combinations of>settings, and posted questions on this and other forums,>but... nothing. A real shame!I add three camera definitions to all my aircraft.cfg filesso that I can 'move around' the VC with the flick of my thumbusing the #2 POV hat on my Saitek X-45 stick.Left = default VC view ( F10? ) I then assign the keystrokesfor the view hot-keys in the controls menu to select the threeadded camera views. These views can be rotated in any axis forthe 'default setting' for that camera, as well a being moved up, down, fwd/gack, left/right.In VC's with a right seat I assign a camera and hot-key to jump me there. The other 2 cameras are usually looking atthe center console and the overhead.In single seat aircraft like fighters, I have ttwo cameras looking down and to the left and right and the third either looking atthe instrument panel or perhaps a 'zoomed' view of a HUD.In any casew, the camera definitions '.001, .002, .003' etc can beused to easily get the VC view you are after. Add a 'Hotkey='statement to the end of the definition and define the key(s)for that in the controls menu and you are all set.I'm traveling and can't give you an example of my setups butthe SDK does provide enough info on the camera definitions. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest jprintz

>In any casew, the camera definitions '.001, .002, .003' etc>can be>used to easily get the VC view you are after. Add a 'Hotkey='>statement to the end of the definition and define the key(s)>for that in the controls menu and you are all set.>>I'm traveling and can't give you an example of my setups but>the SDK does provide enough info on the camera definitions.>> Paul>Hi, and thanks. That's similar to the solution I use for my own flying, though I'm not quite as ambitious in the joystick mapping. I also have the X-45, so should probably explore that more. To me, the problem is not that there aren't ways around the default VC view settings. Rather, the problem is, if one is trying to develop something as freeware for the public, he would probably like to avoid putting users through so much fiddling, camera tweaking, joystick mapping, etc., and just have it be one camera def in the aircraft.cfg file that no user ever has to touch. IMO there really should be a way, per aircraft, and beyond the eyepoint position settings, to alter the default VC view parameters. And, from the beginning of the cameras SDK:"The new camera system offers developers a signficant level of customization, including: Customizing the behavior of the default cameras. Removing default cameras from the main cycle. Adding new global cameras. Adding unique cameras to individual aircraft. Adding cameras to the world (for example, associated with scenery objects). Adding cameras to a particular saved flight or mission."This, to me, implies that it can be done, or that they meant to make it possible, though I admit it doesn't necessarily say it should be possible on a "per aircraft" basis.

>To me, the problem is not that there aren't ways around the>default VC view settings. Rather, the problem is, if one is>trying to develop something as freeware for the public, he>would probably like to avoid putting users through so much>fiddling, camera tweaking, joystick mapping, etc., and just>have it be one camera def in the aircraft.cfg file that no>user ever has to touch. -SNIP->Customizing the behavior of the default cameras. >Removing default cameras from the main cycle. >Adding new global cameras. >Adding unique cameras to individual aircraft. >Adding cameras to the world (for example, associated with>scenery objects). >Adding cameras to a particular saved flight or mission.">>This, to me, implies that it can be done, or that they meant>to make it possible, though I admit it doesn't necessarily say>it should be possible on a "per aircraft" basis.>I agree. One should be able to twaek the default behaivior.I've not tried to do this or even investigate the possibilitysince so far the combo of my added vcamera definitions and hot-keys along with TrackIR allow me to 'see' pretty much everything I want to see :)I may dig into this a bit when I get home from my currentHawaii excursion.... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Simply add a new camera definition to your specific aircraft.cfg file and you can customize anything you like about it. It will override whatever is in the default camera.cfg file:{CameraDefinition.001} <= use brackets instead of braces!Title = Virtual CockpitGuid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseInitialPbh = 14.0, 0.0, 0.0 <= this is where you set the "pitch"*Track = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=1*NOTE: Camera pitch, bank and heading orientation offset from the default in degrees. Note that positive pitches give a downward view. Positive headings are to the right.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great, thank you!Any suggestions for FS9?Cheers Isra

>Great, thank you!>>Any suggestions for FS9?Not really, other than using the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR as outlined above.Note: you need to exit FS9 and restart before you'll see the effect of changing the entries.

Fr. Bill    

>Simply add a new camera definition to your specific>aircraft.cfg file and you can customize anything you like>about it. It will override whatever is in the default>camera.cfg file:>>{CameraDefinition.001} <= use brackets instead of braces!>Title = Virtual Cockpit>Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}>Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit>view.>Origin = Virtual Cockpit-SNIP-Thanks for that input Bill. Am I correct in assuming here that the operative data for replacing the default VC view is theGUID? Since I already have CameraDefinition.001 to .003 andsometimes .004 assigned for alternate views via hotkeys, can Iuse the above template to alter the default using the next'available' CameraDefinition.xxx number?I'd just try it but my gaming machine is 2500 miles from meat the moment as I sit and listen to the rain hitting thepalm leaves here on the south shore of the 'Big Island' :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>>{CameraDefinition.001} <= use brackets instead of braces!>>Title = Virtual Cockpit>>Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}>>Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit>>view.>>Origin = Virtual Cockpit>-SNIP->>Thanks for that input Bill. Am I correct in assuming here that>>the operative data for replacing the default VC view is the>GUID? Since I already have CameraDefinition.001 to .003 and>sometimes .004 assigned for alternate views via hotkeys, can>I>use the above template to alter the default using the next>'available' CameraDefinition.xxx number?Paul, change at least one number in each section of the GUID to make it unique (or, generate a new, random GUID).That, along with the Origin= entry will ensure that the camera is used as the "custom default VC View" for your aircraft when using F9 or the S /A keys as normal.

Fr. Bill    

Guest jprintz

Yes, I agree that that SHOULD work... it was the first thing probably most people tried... but it doesn't!>Simply add a new camera definition to your specific>aircraft.cfg file and you can customize anything you like>about it. It will override whatever is in the default>camera.cfg file:>>{CameraDefinition.001} <= use brackets instead of braces!>Title = Virtual Cockpit>Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}>Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit>view.>Origin = Virtual Cockpit>MomentumEffect = Yes>SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel>SnapPbhReturn = False>PanPbhAdjust = Swivel>PanPbhReturn = False>InitialPbh = 14.0, 0.0, 0.0 <= this is>where you set the "pitch"*>Track = None>ShowAxis = YES>AllowZoom = TRUE>InitialZoom = 0.7>SmoothZoomTime = 2.0>ZoomPanScalar = 1.0>ShowWeather = Yes>XyzAdjust = TRUE>ShowLensFlare=FALSE>Category = Cockpit>PitchPanRate=30>HeadingPanRate=75>PanAcceleratorTime=0>HotKeySelect=1>>*NOTE: Camera pitch, bank and heading orientation offset>from the default in degrees. Note that positive pitches give a>downward view. Positive headings are to the right.>