Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Copyright theft again!

Guest aeroforce

well i see what your saying there, im not taking sides, im a member of simgameit but on the origeonal readme it clearly says "Sharing the model is not allowed" i admit that i was wrongsorry avsim

>well i see what your saying there, im not taking sides, im a>member of simgameit but on the origeonal readme it clearly>says "Sharing the model is not allowed" >>i admit that i was wrong>sorry avsimThank you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest milla da killa

Well few things I'm going to add in before heading back off1- BillClintonSucks (SimGameIt) has stated before that had Rick Piper simply emailed him first asking him politley, he would have removed the aircraft completley from the website. That easy. The reason however that Bill here got ticked off and is now refusing to do so is because instead Rick went around posting on forums starting discussions about this and his only attempt to contact Bill directly was through the forums, where he threatened with lawyers and spam.2- I can't believe you guys are ready to spend thousands of dollars to file charges for a freeware product! LOL! You're spending thousands on something nobody here has made money off of, I find that histarical and simply pathetic.3- The ISP was already contacted on this situation, attorneys have been ocntacted, and yes, we at SimGameIt have been notified...but unfortunatley for you guys, it was discovered we were doing nothing illegal. So continue saying you're doing this and that and wasting your time on this trivial discussion over a piece of freeware aircraft.4- The "Copyright SimGameIt.Com" was mentioned before by Bill himself. He had no control over that and is attempting to fix it. It was added into the self-installer without his consent. One of those "fill in business name here so it can be placed everywhere" things. No copyright is being placed on anything except the liveries, installer, and mods.5- It's SimGameIt, not GameSimIt. Try to get the name right before attempting to bash it?6- Now, as you guys ocntinue to threaten me and others with attorneys, we have done our own research. Here are the following offences we can press charges for: Slander, Threats, Hacking, Harassment, Spamming, and a bunch more things I can't name because it's 3 in the morning and I'm tired.7- Bill Leaming, I'm sorry but did you say your 59? THEN GROW THE #### UP. You act like your 5 for heavens sake, along with half the other people here. I'm sorry, but you guys seriously need to grow up. Bring facts to the argument, debates are not run by personal beliefs, they are run by evidence. Go ask anybody who does debate or anything of that sort.8- In all seriousness, looking at this discussion makes me laugh and cry at the fact people apparently have the time to sit here and whine over something no one has made any money off of and where no harm has been done when you could be doing things like seeing your wife (although I doubt half of you have one) or working. I'm 16 and I work more than half of you, that is #### pathetic.9- Quit spamming my e-mail. I figured you guys would be mature enough not to take advantage of me putting my e-mail on here for you to contact me. For those (you know who you are) who have been spamming me your ip address and e-mails have been blocked from my e-mail. So quit it, find something more productive to do like reading a book.

"I'm 16"Explains it all.As for your statements regarding attorneys... please list contact information for said attorneys.Copyright theft has nothing to do with profit, just an FYI.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest juddf18pilot

Poor Milla, I truly feel sorry for you. I realize you're young and easily influenced but the ol Rev Ripoff has got the wool over your eyes but good.Funny you talk about how he he had no control over the info the installer put in that info. You think it comes preloaded with the SimGameIt information? lol. Think about it.That would be the same installer he downloaded illegally from torrents then redistributed to over a dozen people. I can can prove it...with witnesses. Actually I can prove it and will when the lawyers wanna talk to me, I'm looking forward to that little chat.Don't fall for the hype little guy. Don't be in the wake when Reverend Rippoff goes down.

>6- Now, as you guys ocntinue to threaten me and others with>attorneys, we have done our own research. Here are the>following offences we can press charges for: Slander*, Threats,>Hacking, Harassment, Spamming, and a bunch more things I can't>name because it's 3 in the morning and I'm tired.>>7- Bill Leaming, I'm sorry but did you say your 59? THEN GROW>THE #### UP. You act like your 5 for heavens sake, along with>half the other people here. I'm sorry, but you guys seriously>need to grow up. Bring facts to the argument, debates are not>run by personal beliefs, they are run by evidence. Go ask>anybody who does debate or anything of that sort.> I'm 16 and I work more than half of you,>that is #### pathetic.Well, being only sixteen certainly explains a lot. Regarding the asterisked* emphasis in what you wrote above, it is patently obvious that no lawyer ever advised anyone: he/she certainly knows the difference between "slander" and "libel," even if you do not.-libel is the written act of defamation-slander is the oral act of defamationFurthermore, one does not "press charges" in what would be purely tort matter.If you were to go back and read my first six responses, you'd discover that I was actively supporting Michael and simgameit.com.I no longer do so, and in fact have altered my viewpoint and opinion one-hundred and eighty degrees. Posts such as your's are directly responsible for that change.You seriously think that I "act like (I'm) 5 for heavens (sic) sake?" :-roll You'll have to do better than that; I know of very few five year olds who are capable of writing, much less using words of more than one syllable...I see you like Latin Proverbs: Cave ab homine unius libriTry this one on for size then: Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit - Publius Ovidius Naso (Translation: "Add little to little and there will be a big pile")I'd say it is certainly apropos to this thread! :-xxrotflmao

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There is also a legal maxim de minimis non curat lex. Roughly translated it means the law does not bother with trivial matters. The legal threats on both sides in this thread would be caught by that maxim.

>There is also a legal maxim de minimis non curat lex. Roughly>translated it means the law does not bother with trivial>matters. The legal threats on both sides in this thread would>be caught by that maxim.The DCMA doesn't rate this as trivial... even though you apparently do.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

First, don't make assumtions about what I rate.Second, try enforcing the DVMA based on this specific situation or bringing an action for libel based on this thread. I suspect you won't get very far. A good lawyer should tell you it is trivial and not to waste your money on his fees.

>First, don't make assumtions about what I rate.>>Second, try enforcing the DVMA based on this specific>situation or bringing an action for libel based on this>thread. I suspect you won't get very far. A good lawyer should>tell you it is trivial and not to waste your money on his>fees. >>So, are you a developer?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest juddf18pilot

Bingo Ed. I think some people are forgetting the gravity of the situation. Rick made that Foxbat for Horizon who owns the copyright.IF you were a developer MGH (which I'm guessing no?) then your outlook on the situation would differ I bet.I'm wondering though why Horizon isn't getting involved. Maybe they are...

>There is also a legal maxim de minimis non curat lex. Roughly>translated it means the law does not bother with trivial>matters. The legal threats on both sides in this thread would>be caught by that maxim.Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. Quieta non movere. Si decem habeas linguas, mutum esse addecet... :)

Fr. Bill    

Interesting how people jump to conclusions without reading posts properly. In my initial post I said nothing about the rights and wrongs of this, but pointed out the the assorted legal threats in this thread were trivial.For the record, I'm not a developer and but was consulting engineer and was very keen on protecting intellectual property rights, including copyright so I oppose any misuse of other's rights. However, we did know when it wasn't worth the effort to pursue a matter.The heading of this thread includes the words "copyright theft" so, as a theft, it could reported to the police. I doubt that it was and, even if it been been, I suggest that the police wouldn't take action. They'd more likely tell you that it was a civil matter as an infringment of copyright. The remedy would be an injunction and an action for damages. On the basis of this thread, a good lawyer should tell you not to waste your money. You'd have to lay out money up front for legal and court costs with a doubtful prospect of getting it back, even if you won the case. You may not be able to find the offender, who may not have enough money. Also, (if my understanding is correct) the infringement was of freeware so it would be difficult to claim any financial loss as a result of the infringement.You wondered why Horizon wasn't taking any action. Could it be that they have come to much the same conclusion as me - that it would be be a waste of time and money for them to pursue it in this case?

LSEt quod fortes iuvenes sumus, volumus scire....Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

>Et quod fortes iuvenes sumus, volumus scire....Id quod facimus sumus! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill