Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Copyright theft again!

Guest SimGameIt

there was no theft...sheesh you guys need to pick up a book or two....you cant steal freeware lol.....and if i was stealing it i wouldnt include original read mes or credit the original authors.....and please dont use religion in this...people have twisted it enough over the years to fit their needs dont you think?......what i think is going to be funny is when we finish school and possibly code our own game/simulators ....that readme file by the way isnt worth the txt document its written on....i have 4 patents and i do own copyrights....i did not use a lawyer to do it i did it all my self so i understand the laws very well...i wouldnt do what i do if it was illegal...and to steal something you have to claim ownership of something that is not yours and i have not done that....i could have made it diffrent where people would have to first download ricks foxbat and then they could install mine which would alias to like the model and panel but the whole start of simgameit was to make it easier for people to install aircraft...i know im not going to win this arguement and frankly i could care less.......people are dying in iraq because we have a greedy president....people are homeless in the streets...we are killing our own planet.....yet the battle you choose to fight is that i made another version of someones plane.......dam just put me down in the books next to a really bad dude lol sheesh.

>there was no theft...sheesh you guys need to pick up a book>or two....you cant steal freeware lol.....and if i was>stealing it i wouldnt include original read mes or credit the>original authors.....and please dont use religion in>this...people have twisted it enough over the years to fit>their needs dont you think?......what i think is going to be>funny is when we finish school and possibly code our own>game/simulators ....that readme file by the way isnt worth the>txt document its written on....i have 4 patents and i do own>copyrights....i did not use a lawyer to do it i did it all my>self so i understand the laws very well...i wouldnt do what i>do if it was illegal...and to steal something you have to>claim ownership of something that is not yours and i have not>done that....i could have made it diffrent where people would>have to first download ricks foxbat and then they could>install mine which would alias to like the model and panel but>the whole start of simgameit was to make it easier for people>to install aircraft...i know im not going to win this>arguement and frankly i could care less.......people are dying>in iraq because we have a greedy president....people are>homeless in the streets...we are killing our own>planet.....yet the battle you choose to fight is that i made>another version of someones plane.......dam just put me down>in the books next to a really bad dude lol sheesh.Theft is theft. What you steal doesn't reduce the fact you stole it. Ownership can not be dismissed.Please list the patent #'s you own, since you've made the claim.As for religion, you brought it up... in your original post.Wrong is wrong... the fact you can not see that is truly saddening.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest SimGameIt

>Yep... I found it now. Good grief, "they've" got lousy>tastes in their 'custom liveries' though... >>...particularly the "texture.stolspace" version! :-erks >>As distasteful as their practices might be however, the fact>that they've taken pains to NOT enforce any claim on>the files, and indeed insist on giving "the original author">(you) full credit for the "model and other componenets,">unfortunately makes the use of the term "copyright theft">specious... >>"This aircraft was modded and repainted by SimGameIt. All>credit for the model and other components goes to the original>author. Ive included the original readme file for reference to>those forementioned.">>...I had rather hoped to find a "smoking gun" in their>download. :-samurai ya know i think the saddest thing about all of this is there is someone (me) that is doing all i can to learn this stuff....to make freeware airplanes that people enjoy to fly...now one thing people love about simgameit is our willingness to help others learn...whether it be with technical issues or how to do textures or whatever....you would think others would welcome a newcomer or maybe even help them learn.....thats what makes simgameit popular is that we arent even trying to compete with others....there is no need to....its not like theirs tons of money to be made from fsx planes....take a look at torrents sometime.....lots of people are flying the planes but you really think think their buying them?....and im being attacked for toying with a free aircraft lol....i just dont understand all the fuss over nothing.....by the way eaglesoft planes are nice....i have to say that aerosoft is one of my favs.....you all do really nice stuff...yes even you rick...i cant wait till i have my modeling class in college so i can learn to do that and im studying xml on my own time so i can code my own gauges...some of the new planes are really neat...like the aerosoft super cub...i have to add oil to the plane or the engine will blow..that is so cool.....anyways good work guys...all of you even the ones that want me off the face of the earth lol.....oh and by the way i know some of my "paints" are really cheesy....im not a photoshop guru but im getting better.....im just trying to learn guys and nothing will stop me from doing just that....have a good day guys im off to play a bit of battlefield 2 and i might even take a flight in fsx later

Guest SimGameIt

ok ill have to get my paperwork as i dont run around bragging about patents.....sheesh 2 are for medical devices and 2 are speaker boxes for cars....and again...i did not say i made the model and everything so there for i did not claim ownership so therefore i did not steal it......and the only reason i brought up religion is i wanted to set the tone of what our final goal is and that is to build a church...i could use my time and efforts in learning to crack payware if youd like....nah i think ill stick with the current plan......seems im on the right track even if a handful of people disagree.....only a few hate us for what we do...take a look at how many support us.....even microsoft themselves feel were worthy to add us to their links.....we must be doing something right...enough is enough guys...but i can keep playing the games if youd like....and rick can keep sending people into our teamspeak and to our forums....but you will never get anywhere and we will still be here....the choice is up to you guys as to how to spend your time...ill spend mine learning something useful.....not fighting a usless fight

>ok ill have to get my paperwork as i dont run around bragging>about patents.....sheesh 2 are for medical devices and 2 are>speaker boxes for cars....and again...i did not say i made the>model and everything so there for i did not claim ownership so>therefore i did not steal it......and the only reason i>brought up religion is i wanted to set the tone of what our>final goal is and that is to build a church...i could use my>time and efforts in learning to crack payware if youd>like....nah i think ill stick with the current plan......seems>im on the right track even if a handful of people>disagree.....only a few hate us for what we do...take a look>at how many support us.....even microsoft themselves feel were>worthy to add us to their links.....we must be doing something>right...enough is enough guys...but i can keep playing the>games if youd like....and rick can keep sending people into>our teamspeak and to our forums....but you will never get>anywhere and we will still be here....the choice is up to you>guys as to how to spend your time...ill spend mine learning>something useful.....not fighting a usless fightIt's a shame you just aren't wise enough to see the error of your ways. Seriously. Morally speaking you know that the aircraft was not yours to do with as you please. If you want to use/modify something which belongs to someone else... you ask. Why didn't you ask? Why aren't you willing to admit you should have asked for permission?Microsoft's link page on FSInsider.com has pretty much every site they could think of on it. No bragging rights there.If you want this to "go away"... do the right thing. That's all it takes.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I just checked a few more of your aircraft. It seems not a single one of the ones I looked at are actually yours. I believe I'm seeing a pattern developing.Oh, and it's also really bad of you to "rename" and present these aircraft as "Simgameit" aircraft. They aren't YOURS.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest SimGameIt

yea i think ive had enough...want me to dedicate all my spare time to doing this and seek out certain peoples aircraft in particular?.......i can you know and there isnt anything anyone can do to stop me....go ahead challenge me and see what you get...at this time im working on a couple but i can turn that into about 20 i have here to do...yes we only modify them moron...it took you that long to figure out what we do.....ive also said before the reason we put our name on them is because their performance has been modified and i dont want people installing one of the planes from our site looking for realistic flight characteristics....that way people can tell the diffrence from the name of the plane...by all means keep upP.S. oh yea.....wah......id give you all a bottle but my 3 month old is using it right now.

Guest lionheart777

We in the community always ask for permission.Most people upload a repaint without putting another persons work in with their repaint. Its a standard. If you ever do distribute another persons work, which in this case, is an entire team, not just Rick, as he had done it for another group, then you are risking your credibility.In this world of FS, you dont want to do that.I know you are thinking we're just getting upset over nothing.. But perhaps you are not seeing through others eyes. This man is upset and he has alot (alot) of followers. Hoping you're into doing the right thing.BillLHC

You probably should have let your 3 month old post that message. He/She would probably have kept an account here. You didn't.

I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about getting permission to use/modifiy someone else's stuff.The threats... unbelievably silly.He just needs to do what's right.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest milla da killa

1- You were messaged ahead of time by SimGameIt requesting permission to use the aircraft.2- You probably remember me, I was the one who reminded you about copyright laws. It is freeware, we are allowed to modify and redistribute so long as credit to the original author is given.3- Again, we gave credit, I don't get what's so bad about that? Your name is still on it along with the textures and readme and everything. We change the config file a bit and added some textures...big whoop.4- If I recall correctly, you were banned from our forums for flaming us 5- This happens all the time, you should be happy that the aircraft has been one of a very select few aircraft to be put on the website, and happier that it's one of our favored aircraft to fly6- Everytime I see you posting, you're always attempting to start off polite, then result to flaming. Seriously dude, nothing's going to really happen. It's not coming down. We already gave credit where it's due...to you.7- Please, do not attempt to go tell others we are bad people. You do not know any of us apperently, maybe you should come to the TS sometime? I guarenteed you before that if you did you wouldn't be banned, but you insisted on not coming? Why?8- Personally in my opinion, this is stupid drama trying to be started up, and complete BS. I really don't want to get involved in this any further anyways.

Freeware means you don't pay to use. It doesn't mean the person who creates it releases ownership. You are not free to distribute/modify as you see fit. Freeware is not a GNU license.Exercise common sense. Do the right thing.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest VAPilot

SimGameIt, milla da killa.>Please, do not attempt to go tell others we are bad people.If you are such Christian, respectful people, why are you continuing to host another persons work, when they do not want you to ? From the post you have left, no one needs to tell me you are bad, we can see that for ourselves. A truley Christian person/persons would respect the wishes of others, so as you have been asked before, do the right thing and respect the wishes of someone who has done a lot of quality work for the freeware community, and remove it from your site.

Guest juddf18pilot

You realize this is months old already eh Milla? It's taken that long for Mike to see what the community actually thinks of him and it's sad he has to post a link to this thread on his forums asking his members to come here and defend him.Do yourselve a favor Milla, you're a good dude, I know...but get distance from that dude. You don't want any kind of a reputation like his.

In case he's uncertain, here's the definition of freeware:"Copyrighted software given away for free by the author. Although it is available for free, the author retains the copyright, which means that you cannot do anything with it that is not expressly allowed by the author. Usually, the author allows people to use the software, but not sell it."Hopefully he'll see the part about the author controls what you can and can not do with it.He also says there's no copyright... yet here's the current legal status regarding that:"How do you get a Copyright? Under current law Copyright automatically adheres to any original creation . This page, for example. The author has a Copyright whether he says it or not, whether he registers it with the Copyright Office or not."All of this is extremely simple.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69