Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX - CTRL + Q - Eye angle question - how to edit / change permantly?

Guest hypersonic

Greetings all,My question relates to eye angle.I'm getting a tad tired of constantly having to use CTRL + Q to 'angle my head down' to see a better angle that i like..However this is NOT in all aircraft, 'some' when in the cockpit (esp 2D) - The eye 'angle' is to my liking anyway & does not need adjusting.Now i'm NOT referring to the Eye 'level' or position. I know where this is in the .cfg file - All this does is specify where your 'head' is in relation to the aircraft.What i'd like to know please is what is the parameter that can be set either in the .air file or .cfg, that specifies the head 'angle' (looking up or down) (i.e. what you adjust up & down with the ctrl / shift +Q)The reason why i want to edit it is that, as you've probably experienced as well.. When in a 2D cockpit, & you pan to look either left or right etc, when you look forward again, the eye 'angle' resets itself to whatever the default was for that aircraft.Thus you have to mess with ctrl + Q again!!!-So ... 'where' is this 'default' set in the first place, so that i may edit it permanantly & not need the ctrl + Q?Many thanks.Al

Guest fbnweoghnwd

You could add a camera definition to the cfg file, and use it as your normal flying view. Here's a sample entry that I use; I assigned it to the "7" key in the assignments dialogue.The "CameraDefinition" entry at the top would be set to the next available number in the cfg, and the Guid number must be unique. The "InitialXyz" values are, respectively, left/right, up/down, and front/back, and are in meters. They are offsets of the "Eyepoint" (default VC view) value. In this case, because all three values are set to zero, this camera is an exact duplicate of the eyepoint (why? so that I can use F7 to access it while using TrackIR; since using F9 to access the default eyepoint would disable TrackIR). The next line, "InitialPbh" (pitch-bank-heading, in degrees) is where you could adjust the view angle.[CameraDefinition.007]Title = "Pilot's View"Guid = {6B238EB8-8E52-4425-A72D-DBA3EC3154BC}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoShowPanel = NoSnapPbhAdjust = None SnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = FALSEInitialZoom = 0.3SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60CycleHidden=YesInitialXyz= 0, 0, 0InitialPbh=0, 0, 0HotKeySelect=7

Add an entry to your panel.cfg file:[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.800VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=14.000, 0.000, 0.000 // pitch, bank, headingA value of 14 will tilt your "head" down by 12

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest hypersonic

Bill - Many thanks, you hit the nail on the head so to speak!I'll give it a whirl & report back if it has the desired affect.All the bestAl

I also had the same kind of question, and I was wondering if you can define a camera as the default camera?What I mean here is: Can you define a camera (in aricraft.cfg) that is automatically used when the aircraft is loaded, without having to press any key?Eric

According to both ACES and the FSX SDK, you can......unfortunately theory conflicts with reality, as creating a custom camera entry in the aircraft.cfg to replace the default configuration simply doesn't work... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

panel.cfg

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main panel
Window01=Overhead panel
win..................................

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.300
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=20.000, 0.000, 0.000 //pitchbankheadingpospitchtiltviewdown