Sign in to follow this  

Hi folks, I know this was asked before. I also did a search to verify. I still can't seem to get a definitive answer.I keep seeing, I believe's, or I'm almost sure etc. But, no definite yes.Does the FSX SDK support 3D Max 9 at this time?I'm considering looking into modeling a specific aircraft, so before I set evrything up; wanted to know if Max 9 is supported now.Also, is there a good source to explain what versions of FSX, and SDK need to be installed; and in what order.Any assistance appreciated folks. I got a long way to go, I know.But, it may be fun trying. :-)At this time, I don't have FSX installed at all.Best,David

Yes, although the XtoMDL.exe in the 3DSM9 folder of the SDK isn't 'code-signed' so won't run! Simply copy the XtoMDL.exe from the EDSM7 folder and use it instead. It's the same version of the program, but it IS 'code-signed...' ;)E:FSX_SDK_AccelerationSDKEnvironment KitModeling SDK3DSM9At this time, there's no reason not to install the Acceleration SDK, even if you don't own Accleration yourself. This way, you'll have the benefit of seeing all the custom XML code that was used in the three Acceleration models, and can then adapt that XML code for your own purposes... ;)So, install FSX + SP1 + SP2or, install FSX + AcclerationFor modeling, install either SDK2 or the Acceleration SDK

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank You FR. Bill. Much appreciated.Now, just gotta learn the stuff. :-)Best,David

Guest FelixFFDS

>Thank You FR. Bill. Much appreciated.>>Now, just gotta learn the stuff. :-)>>>Best,>DavidIT helps if you're bald (so you don't have hair to pull out).Park sanity and reason outside the door to your modelling dungeon.and definitely, beware of "degenrate polygons" those things test the mettle of the hardiest of modellers...!Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Hi Felix, I hear ya. I've been watching my MAx Fundamentals I purchased from 3D Buzz.Fantastic, instuction. But, already pulling out my hair, and I haven't even started. I did note, they were very clear when modeling, make sure you had quads all the time, so I'll keep that in mind. :-)If folks are new to Photoshop, they have an extra bonus included that give's a very good insight on using Photoshop...and very good info re textures and mapping. Getting ready to watch right now. :-)Best,David

>Yes, although the XtoMDL.exe in the 3DSM9 folder of the SDK>isn't 'code-signed' so won't run! Simply copy the XtoMDL.exe>from the EDSM7 folder and use it instead. It's the same>version of the program, but it IS 'code-signed...' ;)>>E:FSX_SDK_AccelerationSDKEnvironment KitModeling>SDK3DSM9>>At this time, there's no reason not to install the>Acceleration SDK, even if you don't own Accleration yourself.>This way, you'll have the benefit of seeing all the custom XML>code that was used in the three Acceleration models, and can>then adapt that XML code for your own purposes... ;)>>So, install FSX + SP1 + SP2>>or, install FSX + Accleration>>For modeling, install either SDK2 or the Acceleration SDKBill, don't you have to own Acceleration in order to obtain the Acceleration SDK?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Bill, don't you have to own Acceleration in order to obtain>the Acceleration SDK?Well, yeah... sure you do... :-halo Although the only real difference is in the gauges.h file...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator