Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Attaching fuel tanks to engines

:-lol Nice wee story Bill!Anyhow, I finally solved the problem. FUEL_TANK_CENTER doesn't behave itself either; it returns zero for _LEVEL but continues to feed the attached engine. Eventually I resorted to the Navion trick and set up left and right aux to feed engines 1 and 3 and left/right tips to feed engine 2 via a 'selection timer'. I could have used a single tip tank and set it in the center of the fuselage in the .air file, but each engine 2 tank is sub-divided into inner and outer (all to do with WBM when loading fuel). I didn't fancy trying to fiddle four fuel dials off one tank.....Thanks for all your help, guys.-Dai

Dai,Glad you got'er figured out. I believe the fuel tank CENTER has an enherint (SP?) problem. It was designed wayyy back for the FS (8,02) Concorde. It is THE only set of tanks that can transfer. IE PUT GAS FROM ONE INTO ANOTHER. ( Center (1) (2) ) There are 8+ tanks that can be used, with the right aircraft.cfg / gauge coding, it does'nt matter which ones you use ( AS LONG AS THEY WORK ACCORDING TO AIRCRAFT, LOCATIONS, VOLUME ) but the only drawback is in the fuel fill dialog, oh well! -- keep it wheels side down.On a side note-Been downloading your SDK(s) for years now... dammit, wish I could get the knack of C++ . Although VB through FSUIPC can done now,, baby steps.. left foot , right foot, repeat. Running soon. RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9 ( ONLY :-( ), FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP vivo on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP :-( ) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi RomanI'm going to write up the whole fuel tank saga into the next version of sd2gau. At least that way *I* won't forget it!! :(Mmmm... SDK... ! Do you know, another year (ish) and it will have reached its tenth birthday. IIRC I started the gauhlp series in about 1999.... . My SD3-60 was released in early 2000 and it was about that time I added the first illustration to gauhlp; it was the SD3-60 ASI and it's still in there as part of the section on non-linearity tables. So, the *latest* I could have started the gauhlp series was towards the end of 1999 and I'm pretty sure it was a lot earlier!So it could already be ten years old. I'm not sure I want to think too hard about that....-Dai

I still think that it should be converted to a Wiki format. If it were hosted here: http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/Main_Page...it would be "protected" since you would have a unique password login so no one could 'help out by changing stuff...'As a Wiki, it would become a "living document" and an invaluable resource for all eternity... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dai, I remember back in FS 02 or so I actually printed the whole SDK out.. took 30 minutes and a boatload of paper. Just looked....... STILL HAVE IT :-) For some reason or another I just cannot grasp the C++ stuff. .:-violin XML, when it came out came as an easy alternative, the RPN seemed very easy.. I be polish, and like to polka !!! so there you have it :-) But anyway keep up the AWESOME job !!! :7 Keep updating plz.. I bet some boyz at MS actually use it!!! I'll put a brewsky on that!! :-beerchug BTW Has any one talked to Arne Bartels lately ?RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

It's been well over two years since I last heard from Arne... He had just completed a move and indicated he'd be back soon, but... :-hmmm

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator