Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

I would like to ask....

Guest Nick_N

...If someone who is versed in panel/ aircraft.cfg work would like to take on a little project, I have one for you.Simviation has a freeware P5M available but it is for FS2002/04FS2004/2002 Martin SP-5B Marlin located on this page:http://simviation.com/fs2004vintage96.htmI looked here and did not see it in the libraryBob70 who also flew with this aircraft in the Navy found this model and it works in FSX http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1213055568unfortunately the panel gauges will not work in FSX and the aircraft needs some FSX love to get it up to snuff..1. Edit the provided panel and replace FS8 gauges with (correct as possible) FSX versions2. Edit the sound config to alias to the DC3 with instructions on how to alias to another sound if the user so desires3. Edit the aircraft.cfg to comply with FSX and change the FX calls for FSX FX files4. Edit the aircraft.cfg for contact points so the bow spray and wake FX work correctly and in the right location on the aircraft in FSX5. Edit the aircraft.cfg for proper engine idle and torque and if you are versed in flight dynamics, a bit of work in that area as well. Some FD work would really be great and especailly on the correct lift/drag and drag in water TO/LDGIt looks to me to be a few days work with flight testing. The glass, animations and props are all working fine. it just needs a little FSX love to give it a rebirth.I would do this and post a FSX update to go with the aircraft however I am very tied up with GEXn EU right now. I would not mind having this plane in my personal hangar and I know old salts like Bob70 would like to have it functioning correctly in FSX too. Phil Taylor is another who collects these vintage Navy boats and has expressed his desire to see this plane upgraded.If someone here who thinks they can really make that plane shine in FSX would like to take this little project on, please post and let me know.

HiAs I do tend to enjoy messing about in FS, I thought I would have a go at this bird, at the moment all I have managed to do is a panel mod(see attachment).All but a couple of the gauges are standard FSX gauges, the others are from feeeware aircraft and panel downloads.As for the engine and flight characteristics, I have to admit that as I never flew this in FS9 I have no idea how it should behave, all I have found if FSX is that it

Just a quick update, the VC panel has also had a workover, plus I have managed to include VC lighting (see attachment again).Jim Hodkinson (still with to much time on my hands)

Guest Nick_N

Jim!This is fantastic work!Thank you so very much for the help on this!We have a RW pilot and instructor (Brett Henderson) who will be looking at flight dynamics next week and I will also be tossing in a few computations for him to work with on the flight modelhttp://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1213846769We had one person try to play with the panel but it dod not work out too wellWhat I see in your images is awesome!Please continue!!! When you get it to where you feel its ready for a test let me knowGREAT WORK! :-beerchug I will post you are working on the panel over at SimV

Hi NickNo problems, I will keep on with the panel mod.During today I have been taking the Marlin for a few flights, and have found that with the existing aircraft.cfg and SB-5B.air files that the aircraft is all but unflyable, so in a beginners effort to tame the beast I have spent today modifying both files which if you care to try them are in the attached zip file.At least with these I can now perform both land and water landings without doing a very good impersonation of a porpoise, the take-offs are a lot easier too, so if you want to try them please do, and let me know how you go on.I will post the results of the latest mod when I get it to a reasonable state, and get the gauges into one file.Jim Hodkinson

Guest Nick_N

Great Jim!I will check this out as soon as I canWe have a crew member that flew with her over at SimV.. Bob70 who explained how she handeled. He posted in the thread a SimVYour panel images are wonderful!:)

Hi NickAfter looking at your post on Sim V, I thought that as the other people involved in trying to resurrect the Marlin in FSX are posting in the Sim V forums that I would join so that we don