Sign in to follow this  
Guest grouby

F6F Hellcat heading your way

Guest realflight

We're pleased to announce our upcoming title which comes in 2 flavours, the F6F -3 and the F6F-5 We've recently released new development screenshots of the work in progress which can be found here : www.realflight.co.ukBelow are a feew screenshots recently released.http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5271/f6f06wu5.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4088/f6f05kf1.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1198/f6f04wa2.th.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9718/f6f03rr9.th.jpghttp://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9237/f6f01zs8.th.jpg http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5075/f6f12vn2.th.jpg http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7424/f6f11ug7.th.jpg http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9161/f6f10dw6.th.jpgRegardsDeanowww.realflight.co.uk

Since when is advertising acceptable in the AVSIM forums???

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest realflight

>Since when is advertising acceptable in the AVSIM forums???wow, sounds like someones fell out of the wrong side of the bed this morning...So i guess your not a prop lover then ? I wouldnt call it advertising, I would call it giving a heads up of a new addon.If the admin feels as though Ive broken any rules, delete the post and my account by all means.Dont worry, seeing as this place sounds like a real fun and friendly place I wont post here again :)PS admin please delete my account and post.RegardsDean Greasleywww.flying-legends.net

>>Since when is advertising acceptable in the AVSIM forums???>>wow, sounds like someones fell out of the wrong side of the>bed this morning...>>So i guess your not a prop lover then ? It has nothing to do which which side of the bed anyone was in. Commercial advertising is a violation of the TOS you agreed to when you registered at AVSIM.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest realflight

Hi Bill,Thanks for clarification in regards to what is advertising and what is not, but can you explain your signature.. it has EagleSoft brand and product all over it, also stating that your part of the development team. Isnt this classed as advertising ?

Guest FelixFFDS

My take on this issue:Letting people know who you are and your specific affiliation is not advertising.Posting for the sake of letting people know what's coming is advertising.Now, making a post, showing "work in progress" shots, and expecting constructive comments, is not advertising. Answering someone's question as to whether it's freeware or payware, is not advertising, either. NOw, having said that, would you care to buy a brand new, turnkey 250MW power plant from my company? (OOps, that's worse that advertising, that's SOLICITING!)Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Well, actually any other forum... like the FSX or FS9 forums... I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelash. However, this forum isn't for product announcement or commercial product discussion. It's strictly for developers (freeware and payware) helping each other with aircraft and panel design issues.So... I haven't a clue as to why you would think your post actually belongs here to begin with.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest JeanLuc_

So what about a signature banner image that says upcoming whatever product with screenshots embedded and a vendor brand?Actually, if advertisement was not so much "forbiden", I'm sure most vendors would sell more isn't it?And all in all, what's wrong with advertising?

Guest FelixFFDS

>So what about a signature banner image that says upcoming>whatever product with screenshots embedded and a vendor>brand?That's for AVSIM moderators/admins to decide (on the other hand, I've seen them - basically discreet "notices" that don't intrude into the forum post.>>Actually, if advertisement was not so much "forbiden", I'm>sure most vendors would sell more isn't it?>>And all in all, what's wrong with advertising?I like to equate the (design) forums with a social gathering, of people exchanging ideas. One thing is a casual "Now that you mention it, I'm working on this payware release", versus a "here's a teaser of what I'll be offering for you to buy" ! then the fun of coming to the forum starts dissolving.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design(The opinions expressed in this thread/post are mine alone, and are not intended to convey the ideas and thoughts of AVSIM's fboard admins and moderators.)

>Hi Bill,>>Thanks for clarification in regards to what is advertising and>what is not, but can you explain your signature.. it has>EagleSoft brand and product all over it, also stating that>your part of the development team. Isnt this classed as>advertising ?Were it entirely up to me, I wouldn't have all that in my signature block......In fact, for years I did not!However, it is there now at the insistence of Tom Allensworth, the head honcho here at AVSIM. Tom made it very clear that either I add "that stuff" to my signature, or he'd toss me out of AVSIM entirely...Go figure... :-roll Apparently, simply letting folks know who you work for isn't considered "advertising..."BTW, that's a nice looking model WIP, but I think it's a bit overly optimistic to think it's going to be ready by July... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest DanWalloch

Got to love 3D Studio Max and the fact that you paid for a real copy right? Great to see people modeling every hydraulic line and bolts, but I'm questioning the FPS.

Dean, you might want to consider something here...Irregardless of whether or not your post is considered an advertisement your replies here concern me as a potential customer in terms of what I might expect in terms of customer service. I work for a couple of publishers, and I am very careful about what I post & how I word it. Remember that you are representing your business with every post you make. Starting out here like this won't sell, at least not to me.The model is fantastic. Keep up the good work!

"However, it is there now at the insistence of Tom Allensworth, the head honcho here at AVSIM. Tom made it very clear that either I add "that stuff" to my signature, or he'd toss me out of AVSIM entirely..."Always amazed at the way the heat gets turned on around the forums of late , don

Guest grouby

Hello,I was just wondering...The Hellcat has a R-2800 isn't it? just like the Corsair.This engine is quite similar to the R-2600 i'm working on.So, I was just wondering if you could tell me what kind of carburetor did you simulate? with what settings?And, does your hellcat use the same table 511 and 512 then the stock aircraft? (if yes, it shouldn't...)How did you do with the two-speed supercharger?And of course, i've read somewhere that according to Corky Meyer from Grumman, the first F6F and F4U had quite the same performances, the F4U being told to be faster only because of troubles from the pitot tube of the F6F. So, where did you get your datas for this project?That's a lot of questions, I know !But that's real question! ;)I'm just hanging on this thread that has a subject that's fascinating many people, it seems... : is there money out there?guillaume