Sign in to follow this  
Guest graidia

Adding a click spot to Pmdg 737 panel?

Guest graidia

Hi i'm a newbie in panel editing and i'm wondering if someone could help me how to add a mouse click spot using fspanel studio or simply notepad?i just want to add a clik spot that bring me the approach view when i click on annociator region besides the MCP?please help and thanks in advance

Guest graidia

>Hi >i'm a newbie in panel editing and i'm wondering if someone>could help me how to add a mouse click spot using fspanel>studio or simply notepad?>i just want to add a clik spot that bring me the approach view> when i click on annociator region besides the MCP?>>please help and thanks in advanceno one want to help me :(

It's not a matter of wanting or not wanting. It's a matter of time and priorities. Many of us are heads-down on our own work. Some, like myself are fulltime professionals and answer questions whenever we have time...The answer to your question -although rather simple- is difficult to explain in a few words, unless we assume that you have a lot of prerequisite knowledge... ;)What you will need is to use notepad.exe to create a simple, transparent XML gauge that will allow you to specify which sub-window to open/close:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>Insert Your Tip Here50 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Create a sub-folder in your ..Gauges folder and name it whatever you want for the gaugename, such as ..GaugesMyPopupSave the XML code above in that new sub-folder and name it something like "MyPopup.xml" (without the quotes of course!)Change the number immediately after the (in this case 50) to contain the indent=xx number of the PMDG's landing panel [Windownn] section, then re-save the XML file using the same filename you did before.Install the new gauge using FS Panel Studio and position it wherever you want. Done!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest graidia

Thanks a lot for your reply :) you are a very kindly person NG4IXi'll try this trick this evening :)

Guest graidia

Hi again n4gixi made the xml gauge using the notepad ,i saved it to fs2004gaugemypopupmypop.xml,then i opened fs panel studio and added mypop up gauge to my panel but when i run fs2004 there's no "mouse hand" on the click region that i made???what's wrong??Please helpthanks in advance n4gix

>Hi again n4gix>>i made the xml gauge using the notepad ,i saved it to>fs2004gaugemypopupmypop.xml,then i opened fs panel studio>and added mypop up gauge to my panel but when i run fs2004>there's no "mouse hand" on the click region that i made???>what's wrong??>Please helpOops! I forgot to tell you to create a small, transparent bitmap and name it transparent.bmp.However, that really isn't necessary since we can easily create a 'vector drawn, invisible box' instead. Use this XML script instead:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>Insert Your Tip Here50 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)This will draw a small 50x50 pixel box with a Red border. Once you have the gauge placed/sized where you want it, simply change the entry from Color="Red" to Color="Black" on... simply remove the entry entirely. This will make the 'box' completely invisible.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest graidia

Thanks very much n4gix for you help i'll try this ;)

Guest graidia

Hi n4gixi tried your trick and it's working ;)but i'm wondering if there's another method to add click spot to any panel because i've downloaded an ATR panel.cfg modification adding a new click spot without the use of any XML gauge!!can someone tell me how it's done?thanks in advance