Sign in to follow this  
pve

XML FS9 max case values

Hi all Can any one confirm max number of values allowed in a element using case. I need to use 144.

Paul EGLD

Hi,Paul, you can't use 144 stack values with a case operator. Only 23 will be recognized, because those plus the case operators are the max number of values supported by the stack's array of data.Roman, there is no limit of characters in a line of a script, but instead a number of bytes that can be parsed, which are around 250 Kb per XML gauge. There are indeed some different limits for individual and , mostly related with memory limits assigned to each one of these structures.Tom

Tom, I hope this has changed, but i remember in FS02 I was writing a long code and spent days trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. I loaded up in notepad with word wrap off, if it was more than 1 line it wouldn't work, if I shortened it to 1 line it did. (256 chars per line)Besides that was the beginning days when my coding was just plain awfull, ultra long.......... BUT IT WORKED YAYYYY !!!! HHMMMM ???????Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman, I don't know about how it was in FS2002, but that's the way it works in FS9 and FSX so far I've tested.There is a special situation when working with long scripts, that you can't split the line wherever you want -best is to separate them by %() areas.Tom

Thanks for the good info guys, Don't know another way to do this so I will split the cases and try them in a macro. Paul

Paul EGLD