Sign in to follow this  
kanogek

Keeping a window open when changing view direction

Hi,my blackout gauge (oxygen starvation, see this topic #19584, "Cabin Pressure and Temperature Question...") is coming along nicely.I already have the effect visible in 2d and vc only, so not in spot or tower view. This is done by using (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE, enum) to control the seperate window i created for the effect. This happens only once per view change... so no loops here. (Could someone tell me if there are any more interesting P: Variables ? )Now what remains is to be able to have the window also visible when panning in the 2d cockpit (looking left, right, etc).From this forum i found this code (already adapted to suit my window id): 40 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) 40 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) 40 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) 40 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) 40 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) But it does not work, i have created an xml gauge for this and FSPanelStudio'ed it into my panel. I must be missing something i think, but what is it?Is there an XML way to force my window open on these views?grtWillem.

I have a question... Have you tried (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE, enum) in FSX?The reason I ask is because apparently that token_variable has been depecrated. It is not listed in the FSX SDK's variables listing...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No, i am still working for FS9. Works like a charm!I'll finish this project for FS9 and after that i will be looking at FSX (maybe). Even my dual core E6750 with 2 gigs can't really cope with FSX the way i would like it to, so for the time being it'll stay on the shelf collecting dust (FSX, that is...)grtWillem

Try to change your panel id from 40 to something in range 10000...19999; For example, 12151 (>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) works just fine for me.From fs9gauges.h:#define IDENT_MAIN_PANEL 0#define IDENT_THROTTLE_PANEL 10#define IDENT_RADIO_STACK_PANEL 50#define IDENT_COMPASS_PANEL 75#define IDENT_MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL 100#define IDENT_ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL 125#define IDENT_ANNUNCIATOR2_PANEL 150#define IDENT_IFR_MAIN_PANEL 175#define IDENT_COLLECTIVE_PANEL 200#define IDENT_GPS_PANEL 225#define IDENT_OVERHEAD_PANEL 250#define IDENT_USER 10000#define IDENT_USER_MAX 19999#define IDENT_AIRCRAFT_HUD_3D_PANEL 20000#define IDENT_HELICOPTER_HUD_3D_PANEL 20001#define IDENT_CONTROLS_HUD_3D_PANEL 20002#define IDENT_TEXT_HUD_3D_PANEL 20003#define IDENT_DAMAGE_HUD_3D_PANEL 20004#define IDENT_SCORE_HUD_3D_PANEL 20005#define IDENT_LSO_WINDOW 22000#define IDENT_INVALID 4294967295Hth,L.

Hi,ok i'll give that a try!Although the opening of the window does work in 2d fwd view and VC with panel id of 40, but i'll give it a try.thanksgrtWillem

Hi,just to let you know that it did not make any difference.But i'll leave it for the time being unless someone can think of a simple solution.Thanks for your help!grtWillem