Sign in to follow this  
Sylle

Change strut compression aircraft

Hi guys,I'm wondering if it's possible to change the amount of strut compression of an aircraft model by changing parameters in the air file or in the cfg file.I find that the feelThere 737 sits too high on its gear on the ground.Can I cause the struts to compress more so that it's sitting lower when on the ground??Thanks in advance for your time!Cheers,Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

No suggestions at all guys??Cheers,S.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Guest jimcooper1

Aircraft.cfgContact points 9th, 10th and 11th parameters Static Compression, Max/Static Compression Ratio,Damping RatioYou need to increase the Static CompressionRegardsJim

Thanks Jim!I'll give it a try...Cheers,Sylvain

Guest Milton

Sylvain,It may also help to know that the total suspension animation = static compression * max/static ratio.Therefore if you change static compression, you must also change the max/static ratio to retain the total animated suspension (TAS) defined in the model.Example: If original contact point numbers are .5' * 2.5 then TAS = 15" (6"*2.5=15"). If you then change static compression to .8', you must divide 15" by 9.6" to get the new max/static ratio to equal 15", the total animated suspension movement.Anytime you change static compression, you also will have to adjust the vertical distance to ground in the contact points to set the tires back on the tarmac.I hope this helps.

This is great info!Thanks!!Now I also know why my aircraft was settling into the tarmac after my first changes... :-) :-)Cheers,Sylvain