Sign in to follow this  

I have a gauge that is used to toggle a panel. It is:8256 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)I want the Help ID to say "Press & Eng. 1" and not Pop up Sub Window 08. I tried changing it and it did not work. How exactly can I change the toolip to say Press & Eng. 1? The gauge works great except for the tooltip. I am no expert at this. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Replace with this:Put Your Custom Text Here

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill. Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I wanted. I'll use it. Sorry for my XML stupidity! Best regards, Bob.

>Replace>> >>with this:>>Put Your Custom Text HereHi Bill. I tried your suggestion. When I used TooltipText in both places the tooltips did not show up. I changed it to read Tooltip in both places and the tooltips showed up. I am using the gauge in FSX. Does that make a difference? Also I found out that you cannot use the & sign in the tooltips. When I had the & sign the icon would not show up at all. When I replaced the & with and it showed up OK. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Glad you got it working, Bob. The schema used for model XML is slightly different than that used for gauges. Also, the schema used for FS9 and FSX are very different...I simply gave you the model XML syntax... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

To get an ampersand, you need to use the escape code version because & is the escape code character - I tried to give an example, but the Forum formatting system turns it into a regular ampersand, but the string would be: & amp; without the space after the ampersand (thats an ampersand, the letters amp and a semicolon).That's a standard XML/HTML thing, sorta like the backslash () char in C/C++ strings, not something FS does specifically :->

Hi Bill. OK. Thanks. There sure is a lot to be learned on this stuff. There does not seem to be any good comprehensive tutorial. I read the FSX SDK but it leaves a lot out. Best regards,Bob.

>Hi Bill. OK. Thanks. There sure is a lot to be learned on>this stuff. There does not seem to be any good comprehensive>tutorial. I read the FSX SDK but it leaves a lot out. Best>regards,Bob.Bob, you sure got that right. Worse, at the moment there are no less than FOUR XML Schemas in play:FS9 Gauge XMLFSX Gauge XMLFS9 Model XMLFSX Model XMLThis sure makes the developer's job a whole lot harder! :-bang

Fr. Bill    

Hi Bill. It even makes it even harder the poor souls like me that are lost in any XML anyway. At least you guys are way ahead of me! Thanks and best regards, Bob.