Sign in to follow this  
StephanS

DSD Spoiler sound problem

Hello Niclas Try (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 1 (>L:Wiper_xml_Spoiler,enum) } els{ 0 } I think the first part of the handle movment arms the spoiler so using 60 % should be past that.

Paul EGLD

Hello and thanks alot for your help :D,.. now it works as I want itCheers :-beerchugNiclas

>> Hello Niclas> > Try> (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE>POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 1 (>L:Wiper_xml_Spoiler,enum)>} els{ 0 }>> I think the first part of the handle movment arms the>spoiler so using 60 % should be past that.>I changed the code a little so the spoilersound is looped:(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 2 (>L:Wiper_xml_Spoiler,enum) } els{ 0 (>L:Wiper_xml_Spoiler,enum) }

This is my first post here on AVSIM and i would say hello to all you simmers.Hi Niclas,I`m also on my way in realising a separate gear and spoiler-wind-sound as feelthere did it in their addons.I`m really new to xml-programming and in the DSD-XML-SOUND-Story, so I have no idea in realising the wind sounds.But I`m happy to see a solution that works as you wrote. All threads i found in ohter forums had only questions, but no answer.This here looks very simple - great . Thank you !!I will try it this week, beacause i have`nt the DSD_XML_SOUND.GAU function on my FS. Maybe i`m doing something wrong with the DSD_XML_SOUND.INI but that`s another story...In addition, my target is to provide the spoiler-wind and gear down wind-sounds with dynamic volume. This means, when you extract thespoilers for example to 50% then the volume of the sound is about 70%, 60% spoiler means 75% volume, and so on...Read, that there is a volume-parameter for each sound, which can be set as a variable in the xml.(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) } els{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 50 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 < & if{ 70 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 70 < & if{ 75 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 70 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 80 80 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 80 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 90 < & if{ 90 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 90 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 100 < & if{ 100 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum) }(Maybe it`ll be a better way to use the "SPOILER LEFT POSITION,percent" instead of the "SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent" when setting the volume, to simulate the delaybetween the handle and the deflaction-movement of the model).What do you think ? Is this the way it should work, or is there a more graceful way to realise it ?Thank you...

Hello ? Try(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) } els{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) s0 50 59 l0 rng if{ 70 } 60 69 l0 rng if{ 75 } 70 79 l0 rng if{ 80 } 80 89 l0 rng if{ 90 } 90 100 l0 rng if{ 100 }(>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00_VOLUME,enum)

Paul EGLD

Hi PVE,the solution you posted here did not work for me. I have to find out why, but when I insert the lines above the sound does not play anymore.Maybe something with my DSD-XML-config is still wrong. The volume-parameter was added to the ini-file and i also tried to add the command for setting the volume-value for the soundvariable in addition...(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knot) 150 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > & if{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) } els{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) s0 50 59 l0 rng if{ 70 } 60 69 l0 rng if{ 75 } 70 79 l0 rng if{ 80 } 80 89 l0 rng if{ 90 } 90 100 l0 rng if{ 100 }(>L:DSD_XML_VOLUME,enum) 3 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum)BTW: my solution from above also did not work (the sound plays, but doesn`t change the volume). I will provide, if i find out the problem.Cheers...

Hi,(L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) will always be 3Is that your intention?Jan

Hi Jan,yes: the documentation of the dsd-xml-sound says, that a value of1 = plays the sound2 = loops the sound (set in the conditional IF above)3 = sets the volume of the desired soundfile (DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00 in that case) to the value of the Volume-Variable (DSD_XML_VOLUME).My DSD-XML.INI contains:[LVars]Lvar00=dsd_xml_sound_id00VolumeVar=DSD_XML_VOLUME[sounds]Sound00=./Sound/dsd/spoilerwind.wavI thougt, that the soundfile DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00 will loop and also the volume for it will be set every processing-interval of the gauge according to the volume-parameter.

Hi,May be i am wrong, will have a look in my files later(at work!),but it looks like (L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00,enum) will never be 0, 1 or 2, so you will here no sound.Try without that command.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,Found some code from under the dust:I activated the sound somewhere in a click area, arm spoiler or something, and then the position of the spoiler determines the volume.Tested:(>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) 2 (>L:spoiler sound,number) 75 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number)(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > if{ 3 (>L:spoiler sound,number) } (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) s0 50 59 l0 rng if{ 80 } 60 69 l0 rng if{ 85 } 70 79 l0 rng if{ 90 } 80 89 l0 rng if{ 95 } 90 100 l0 rng if{ 100 } (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) And it worked...Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Sorry folks,thought in the wrong direction. You are definetly right.Without setting the sound to this specific sound-variable it works.Thank you Jan and pve :-) May be, i have to set the volume to a specific soundfile at another point in my gauge, because I`m planning to add a wind-sonud for the undercarriage as well.Maybe setting the volume to the sound itself should only occur, when the SPOILER HANDLE POSITION changes. Then i will increase the update frequency of the gauge and this should work. I will give it a try and come back here...

>Hi,>>Found some code from under the dust:>>I activated the sound somewhere in a click area, arm spoiler>or something, and then the position of the spoiler determines>the volume.>>Tested:>>>(>K:SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE) >2 (>L:spoiler sound,number) >75 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number)>>>>>(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 60 > >if{ 3 (>L:spoiler sound,number) } >(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) s0 >50 59 l0 rng if{ 80 } >60 69 l0 rng if{ 85 } >70 79 l0 rng if{ 90 } >80 89 l0 rng if{ 95 } >90 100 l0 rng if{ 100 } >(>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume,number) >>>And it worked...>>>Jan>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."Hi Jan,i will try it. Thanks !

Sorry people,i can`t get it to work. I have searched other Threads to find something that helps, but without success. So here is the question of the questions : Is it possible to change the volume while the sound is playing, or is it just possible to change the volume for the netxt time the sound is played ?(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 30 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 39 80 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 40 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 49 < & if{ 85 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 50 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 59 < & if{ 90 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 60 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 69 < & if{ 92 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 70 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 79 < & if{ 95 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 80 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 89 < & if{ 97 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 90 > (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 100 < & if{ 100 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, number) }and then set a "3" to the Sound control variable like3 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, number)In this manner i can`t hear the sound any more, even if these commands are followed by the conditional "play"command:...(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) 0 == (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, percent) 31 > & if{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, enum) } els{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, enum) }...Whithout setting the sound-control variable to 3 it works, but only when i trigger the sound variable in the "if" condition with a "1" and not a "2" for looping the sound. The trigger is then the update rate of the gauge, but the volume changes only with the new begin of the wav-file played. This is all dissatisfactory.Have i misunderstood the volume-changing in DSD_XML ? Is it possible to change the volume while playing the sound and take the effectdirectly to the looped sound ? Or is it the intention of the DSD_XML_SOUND to change the volume for each new wav-cycle only ? I use thedsd_xml_sound3.gau - Version 3.7.0.0Thank you by the way for your gentle support and Douglas Dawson for this gauge !