Sign in to follow this  
byork

Send current position to GPS via Execute Calculator Code

In a C gauge, how does one send info to the GPS using Execute Calculator Code?Reading something via Exec Calc Code (like ATC ID) is not a prob, but writting I'm not so sure.For context, I'm trying to send the aircraft's current position to the GPS so I can determine the nearest airport by reading data out of the GPS.Cheers,Bryan

Hi,You could try PCSTRINGZ szCode;szCode = "(A:Plane Latitude,degrees) (>C:fs9gps:NearestAirportCurrentLatitude)";execute_calculator_code(szCode,NULL,NULL,NULL);Same with Plane Longitude and NearestAirportCurrentLongitude.etc,etcTom

>In a C gauge, how does one send info to the GPS using Execute>Calculator Code?Have you read my Wiki article?http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.p...les_in_C_Gauges,

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Bill,>>When I click that link it says: "There is currently no text in>this page, you can search for this page title in other pages>or edit this page"Strange... There was a "period" at the end of the link that doesn't belong... This one works:http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.p...les_in_C_Gauges

Fr. Bill    

Hi Tom,I tried your code in Visual Studio:szCode = "(A:Plane Latitude,degrees)(>C:fs9gps:NearestAirportCurrentLatitude)";execute_calculator_code(szCode,NULL,NULL,NULL);sprintf(pelement->string,"%s", szCode );However, she doesn't work I'm afraid.I returned the szCode in my gauge as a string and the text on my gauges was literally: (A:Plane Latitude, degrees...."Any ideas?Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Well, that's correct!. szCode should contain "(A:Plane Latitude,degrees) (>C:fs9gps:NearestAirportCurrentLatitude)" which is the assingment you are sending to the gps engine. Remember execute_calculator_code is not only an XML variable interactor but a complete scripting system's operator.Tom

Hi Tom,Still no joy I'm afraid.I don't think the info was sent to the GPS engine via Exec Calc Code.The returned string was not a number, but literally the text exactly as printed to the right here: "A: Plane Latitude, degrees)......Any ideas?Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,There is no return code. Do you really understand how this function works?In this case, szCode is a string passed to the scripting system that won't return anything because it has a triple NULL for the passing pointers (FLOAT,INT and STRING). If you wish I can give you later a real example on what you need to code.Tom

>Hi Tom,>>Still no joy I'm afraid.>>I don't think the info was sent to the GPS engine via Exec>Calc Code.>>The returned string was not a number, but literally the text>exactly as printed to the right here: "A: Plane Latitude,>degrees)......Bryan, in very simple terms, you are sending a COMMAND to the fs9gps.dllYou are "seeing" the command that was sent!You need to follow that COMMAND with a SHOW ME request... ;)Before the fs9gps.dll can return anything at all, you must first send the COMMAND strings for your current lattitude and longitude......THEN you need to send a SHOW ME request (this is where you ask fs9gps.dll to paint you a picture and send it back for display......or, a SHOW ME request for some data, such as a list of nearest airport ICAO codes, etc. ;)

Fr. Bill