Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAPilot

sd2gau27 released

New contents: DirectSound. This initial release allows for playing of up to 50 one-shot and looping sounds of a few seconds duration simultaneously - in general this will cover 99.5% of gauge cases. The code is supplied to be compiled within your own gauges i.e. this is not an external gauge and you should not have to edit the DirectSound code at all.For the first time I can also preview a future release of sd2gau: I will be adding volume, panning, EAX and streaming of large files to the DirectSound interface when I have the time.-Dai

Guest VAPilot

DaiJust download, and after still not being able to get sound to work in C++, and the newest version of directsound, I thought I would try you dfdsnd gauge. I put it into the default cessna and when FS9 loads I get the Flight Simulator was not able to load some aircraft or software message. Any idea's ? Missing .dll ?

Hi RussellWhat's the exact message? I got a nasty feeling that mscvr71.dll is in the 'wrong' place on your system.-Dai

Guest VAPilot

exact message is: Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but aircraft or software will be disabled.I have mscvr71.dll you mentioned in WindowsSystem32 folder. Where should it be ?

Hi Russ> I put it into the default cessnaSometimes I am so stupid in overlooking the obvious. dfdsnd.gau should go in the fsgauges folder. I'll update the document to make this clearer.> still not being able to get sound to work in C++Have you tried activating the sound gauge debugger to trace where it's failing?-Dai

Guest VAPilot

>Sometimes I am so stupid in overlooking the obvious. dfdsnd.gau should go in the fsgauges folder. I'll update the document to make this clearer.Tried that, same results>Have you tried activating the sound gauge debugger to trace where it's failing?I have not had much time to do much more on directsound, work has been busy, hopefully I will be able to do some more on it this week.

Guest VAPilot

I tried debugging and get nothing. Moved dfdsnd to the Gauges folder, made a new file called dxdebug.log and still get Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but aircraft or software will be disabled. check the log and nothing there.Don't worry about it though because I quit. Obviously to thick for C++, can not get a simple click sound to work in my own gauge and now can not get this to work. Must be better ways to waste time. Thanks for you help anyway.