Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Awesome improvements for Radeon w/ new drivers from ATI

Wow it is unbelieveable. Super fluid, crystal clear, incredible detail! I can't believe how these look on this card. I am using the 7191's from ATI and I would highly recommend using them for Radeon 64. They looked great before, but now it is unreal how much detail and lack of fuzziness, lack up texture popups, and finally overcast with mountains poking thru are handled perfectly. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

noel are you using the ati 8500 64mb,also what OS are you using,i've had a look for the 7191 drivers ,but cant find any.are they official,i normally get my drivers from www.rage3d.com ,good ati site best wishes steve1800 athlon xpwin98se512mb 2100ati 8500 ..9021 drivers(latest official ones i think)

Guest Pardue802

How is antialiasing with these? I haven't been able to make it successfully work.Kenneth

Guest rlefebvr

Well I wish I could say the same. The new drivers do look good and make XP a lot faster thank God, but now I get stutters in spot mode in FS. Never ever had that before. Also have not seen any difference in the visuals of FS.Ron

gusto... the new drivers are at ati's websitewww.ati.com-j

Guest rogue1

Would also be interested in knowing if you are using any tweaking programs. If so, which? And what settings?Jim

Hi All,I've been running a Radeon 7500 under XP Pro for 2 months and have found that each successive driver update gives me poorer performance in FS2002. The "latest" drivers also cause FS to crash, which I have never had happen before. I have reverted to the 6015 driver set from sometime in February as this appears to be the most stable. It does not have adjustable anisotropic filtering for D3d but I never noticed any effect in anycase. It's a shame that ATI's hardware isn't backed up with equally proficient drivers :(Best regards//Neil

I am using Radeon 64 DDR VIVO retail, Win98, P3 1024GHz, 512 PC103 ram, DirectX 8.1, and have the AGP aperture back up to 64mb. I was running 32mb aperture with the 7089 drivers and that was an excellent combination, but again, the newest official unified drivers must have an AGP aperture of 64 (at least) and at 32 there was very significant stutters in FS as well as Links2001. Weird but true. What I was really looking for was improved handling of mountains poking up through overcast. With all former drivers this was corrupted, but now all is well. I tell you another thing, I had freq lock ups in several games with my old TNT card, but I don't think I've ever had a lock up with this card, with any games or situations. The Radeon has been an excellent choice for me. As for antialiasing, the Radeon 64 can't handle much, and besides I am able to run FS at 1792 x 1344 x 32 with excellent performance--thus no AA is required :()Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Get me your email address and I will send you a larger jpg that will do it justice.Noel

Noel

Guest Charly

Noel, would you please send me some good pics of FS2002 with the RADEON?I plan to buy a RADEON 8500 64 DDR (275/275). Dou you recommend this card?diaz_azcue@fibertel.com.arRegards :-waveCharly - BAW062

>Get me your email address and I will send you a larger jpg >that will do it justice. >>Noel Hi Noel,I bought the ATI Radeon 8500 DDR about six weeks ago, and have spent the last month with technical support at IBM, Microsoft, and ATI trying to sort out a "blurry texture" problem. The latest set of drivers, some mobo updates, and more fiddling with the ATI settings have made things much better, but in dense scenery areas such as KLAX at low altitudes (i.e. 3000ft) the scenery looks like a patchwork quilt, with various rectangular areas that suddenly "pop" into focus as I fly over them. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.My e-mail is mytitanic@rogers.com and I would be most appreciative if you could send me a screenshot or two to let me see how your setup handles this situation. If you send me your e-mail, I'll forward one of my "best can do" shots for you to critique.Cheers ...... Wayne

Hi fellow Radeon owners!!If you're noticing an improvement with the ATI "official" drivers, I would highly suggest the latest Omega drivers who actually teamed up with Plutonium this round. The Omega/Plutonium drivers are enhanced for gamers and when I installed them on my system, I noticed a dramatic increase in overall texture quality.Keep in mind that every system is different so individual results will vary but I've been using Omega drivers exclusively for the past few months and I've NEVER ben disapointed with a new release.You can find them . I would suggest, if you're a little hesitant to try these new drivers to read the thread on these new drivers over at www.rage3d.com (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33616859)And if you're in the market for a great Radeon tweaker, I would highly recommend the Rage3D Tweaker!! You can find it [Link:www.rage3d.com/radeon/r3dtweak]HEREHere's a quick snapshot I took.Good luck!Mike

Guest georgi55

Yes, as Mike says, these drivers are the best! Never used other drivers since I found them.Omegadrive rules!