Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epanel

First Time with XML

Guest Mrtaa_1

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to xml and xml coding, so i need some help. I know how to save a document to an xml format, but what i need help with is what to type for an xml code.For example:I want to make an altitude indicator go clockwise/anticlockwise as i climb/descend. What do i have to put as a code to make any gauge come alive?BTW my pc does not support pdf's so i cant reed pdf files.Kind Regards, Ryan

Guest FelixFFDS

Have you installed the FS-X SDKs and done the "Creating XML Gauges" tutorial included therein? If anything, at least that gives you the basics of creating gauges.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest Mrtaa_1

No, where can i find this? BTW, i use FS2004

Guest MikePowell

There are various XML tutorials:http://www.fs2x.com/Tutorials.htmYou can download a free PDF reader from www.adobe.com Look for "Acrobat Reader".The FSX SDK ships with the deluxe version of FSX. You install it from the installation DVD. Essentially the same information is available online from the Microsoft ESP support center. ESP is the simulation platform upon which FSX is built. Here's the XML gauge tutorial: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526953.aspx Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comwww.mikesflightdeckbooks.com