Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

VATSIM Precipitation

Guest Murf

Hi all,I am unable to get precipitation when using VATSIM weather. The vatsim weather report indicates precipitation however, I don't see it. All other weather conditions, clouds, winds, temp are fine.If I disconnect and use FS2002's own real weather I get the precipitation just fine.Any help would be appreciated.- Murf

Guest Murf

Bump....Anybody have any ideas?-Murf

VATSIM server has been up and down for almost 2 days now. Are you trying to use SquawkBox? Try it when the server comes back up. Evrything is 2 days old.

Guest rcritz

Actually, Dan, the VATSIM server (sic) was no such thing. VATSIM is a network of 12 servers, plus 3 hidden servers. One of those hidden servers provides the who's online information. But when it is down, it doesn't affect the ability of people to fly online at all.To answer the original poster's question: SB does not support setting precipitation. The information is not passed in the protocol so the only way to get precip is to allow FSUIPC to create it "randomly" or to use FS Meteo.

Guest Murf

Thanks for the reply Richard.I've purchased FSMETEO and I understand it's in my email at home waiting for me. I'll be trying it out tonight!- Murf