>>>Good. Can you give me then a near example, or at least a>prototype on how to retrieve the value of>"FlightPlanIsActiveFlightPlan" using an IGaugeCCallBack class>method? I REALLY hope you can......>>Tom>>>>>>> I can not reveal specific code as what we've done is proprietary in nature. I can simply tell you that IGaugeCCallBack is most definitely useable as is.If you're not understanding why I repeatedly say that all you need is to use IGaugeCCallback... I strongly suggest you read up on class objects and inheritance. You are missing the most basic concept of object-oriented programming.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>I really hope they can to, as all I get with>execute_calculator_code is 0. Left it running for a while and>still displays 0, tried setting and getting more, still 0. I>have looked through the traffic sdk and can see how the>examples work, but I can not see how you can call the GPS>variables from it.>Look at IGaugeCCallback... stop focusing on "traffic". ;)Also... execute_calculator_code will never return what you seek.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>>I can not reveal specific code as what we've done is>proprietary in nature. I can simply tell you that>IGaugeCCallBack is most definitely useable as is.>>If you're not understanding why I repeatedly say that all you>need is to use IGaugeCCallback... I strongly suggest you read>up on class objects and inheritance. You are missing the most>basic concept of object-oriented programming.Well, thank you Ed, not for the lack of support but for insisting me to look into IGaugeCCallbak. That was the key, you were right and I solved the problem with a bunch of code lines. I must add that the initial key is to register IPanelCCallback with "fs9gps". The rest is very simple. No need to construct another class or so, at least for basic approach. I'm glad that you were wrong and I'm not missing basic concepts at all :-)TomPS: As I stated before, execute_calculator_code cannot be used to retrieve custom vars.

>>Well, thank you Ed, not for the lack of support but for>insisting me to look into IGaugeCCallbak. That was the key,>you were right and I solved the problem with a bunch of code>lines. I must add that the initial key is to register>IPanelCCallback with "fs9gps". The rest is very simple. No>need to construct another class or so, at least for basic>approach. >>I'm glad that you were wrong and I'm not missing basic>concepts at all :-)>>Tom>>PS: As I stated before, execute_calculator_code cannot be used>to retrieve custom vars.>>>Well, I wasn't really trying to say you didn't know anything... but as I stated, it's all in the class.As for execute_calculator_code... all depends... your statement is not 100% correct. All depends on the way the custom var is treated inside the module itself. The GPS doesn't behave well... in my opinion. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>As for execute_calculator_code... all depends... your>statement is not 100% correct. All depends on the way the>custom var is treated inside the module itself. The GPS>doesn't behave well... in my opinion. ;)Actually my statement was for using execute_calculator_code directly like the same as to retrieve AVars. I agree the behavior could be different depending on how the custom module is designed. In fact, XML gauges that instantiate Custom classes do instantiate gps copies as well using execute_calculator_code calls from inside the dll.Anyway, in our C gauge example there is no real need to apply this function being so simple to replace it by property calls.Tom

Hi Bill> It is in the FS9 SDK. Here is the .h file though, along with the .doc 'spaining it's usage.'S gone AWOL.... :(-Dai

>Hi Bill>>> It is in the FS9 SDK. Here is the .h file though, along with>the .doc 'spaining it's usage.>>'S gone AWOL.... :(Yeah, that's a real problem. File attachments have a very short half-life here at AVSIM's forums... :(Here is it again...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, thank you Ed, not for the lack of support but for insisting me to look into IGaugeCCallbak. That was the key, you were right and I solved the problem with a bunch of code lines. I must add that the initial key is to register IPanelCCallback with "fs9gps". The rest is very simple. No need to construct another class or so, at least for basic approach.
Tom,Could please post your solution? That would help me get going.Thanks!-Djeez.

Emile van Gerwen.