Sign in to follow this  

Problem out of nowhere. Help please

All was well last night. No new programs, panels, planes, scenery or hardware added.Yet today I get the error " not enough memory" before even getting to menu in FS2K2. Anyone seen this before? Reinstalling is not a problem but would like to avoid it if possible.Pic attached:-zhelp :-zhelpDuron 800 @ 800asus a7v133 raid (not using raid)radeon vivo ddr 256 pc133 sdramsb livemaxtor 45 gb ata100 @ 7200win 2000 sp2

I'm just taking a guess, but is your hard drive low or out of disk space? Check whatever partition has your swap file. Also check the min and max size of the swapfile.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Thanks for the quick response. Swap was 384 min and max. After this started i set it for 512 by 512. No help. I have 10.4 gb free space and run diskeeper at least twice a week.

The only thing I could find in the ms knowledge base is this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q287608Not much help probably. It only says fs2000 but it could be a lingering bug. My only other suggestion is check to make sure other programs and games work ok. If everything else works ok, then you may have to re-install fs. Check your pc for any other problems or freezes.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Although this suggestion does not help your current problem it will help in the long run; I would bump your RAM up to 512MB.Both Win2k and FS love memory and IIRC Win2k has a minimum spec of 256RAM.I am not an expert in Win2k (or anything else for that matter :-)) but it looks as if you have enough free memory and you say your swap file has free capacity; I just wonder about the number of 'handles' showing, a gut feeling makes me wonder if that is high, but I may be wrong.I assume you run anti virus s/ware, just in case that is causing the problem and you may want to run 'AdAware', some people have found sneaky covet s/ware will use up memory and resources.AdAware from Lavasoft www.lavasoft.deHope you solve the problem or someone jumps in with a solution.Rgds

Thanks for the responses. I do run ad aware and antivirus is disabled when I run FS. Believe me when I say that this is a small amount of threads running compared to default and none are memory intensive.Before I have actually had photoshop and FS running at the same time so that is not an issue.Nothing was changed in the system either hardware and software so this did appear out of the blue.I will try a few more things before a reinstall and if any work I will address it here so if the problem occurs in the future someone else can search for it here. Thanks again for your time and sugestions. See y'all on the screenshot forum, Kin

reinstalled and all is well . Wish I had found a fix so as to spare the agony from someone else. Great day today at Beaufort MCAS, here in SC. Blue Angels, B1, B2, F/A-18's and lots of other vintage stuff flying.See an Airshow soon! Kin:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug

Hmmm. This just happened to me twice today, and a couple of screwy lockups also. I'll remove the A-6E I installed and the gauge and see if it cures it.

I had this for first time the other night only thing different was that i added the "autoland" gauge. I removed it and havent had the "out of memory" message. Conducted only one flight since however.Tom