Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

ACM replacement?

I used to use Aircraft Container Manager to correct FDE problems in FS9 in the past. Is there a replacement for this product since the authors are out of business?Andreas

Hi. I wish there was an easy way to use it for FSX aircraft, or a replacement. What I do is load my FSX aircraft into FS9 and use it then put the plane back into FSX. It's a real nuisance. It is a GREAT program. Regards, Bob.

Guest FelixFFDS

OR, create an "Aircraft" folder off the main FS-X folder, move the FSX model there and point ACM to the FS-X folder "as normal" >Hi. I wish there was an easy way to use it for FSX aircraft,>or a replacement. What I do is load my FSX aircraft into FS9>and use it then put the plane back into FSX. It's a real>nuisance. It is a GREAT program. Regards, Bob.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>OR, create an "Aircraft" folder off the main FS-X folder,>move the FSX model there and point ACM to the FS-X folder "as>normal" >>>>>>Hi. I wish there was an easy way to use it for FSX aircraft,>>or a replacement. What I do is load my FSX aircraft into FS9>>and use it then put the plane back into FSX. It's a real>>nuisance. It is a GREAT program. Regards, Bob.>>>Felix/FFDS>Pegasus Aviation DesignHi again Felix. I did just that. I created a folder in the main FSX folder called Aircraft. I placed one complete aircraft folder in that folder. I set ACM to the address for FSX and it did not start. I even edited the cfg file to the FSX address. Have you actually done this? Regards, Bob.

Guest FelixFFDS

>>Hi again Felix. I did just that. I created a folder in the>main FSX folder called Aircraft. I placed one complete>aircraft folder in that folder. I set ACM to the address for>FSX and it did not start. I even edited the cfg file to the>FSX address. Have you actually done this? Regards, Bob.Yes - (and just to be on the safe side, I rechecked it)

HI Felix. Thanks. I finally got it working but it will not work with the FSX models. It will work with FS9 planes that have been converted to FSX. Have you been able to read a full FSX model OK. Thanks, best regards, Bob.

Guest FelixFFDS

:( You have a point. I tried with several FS-X SDK compiled models (not just the defaults), and it seems it doesn't recognize the FSX model format.>HI Felix. Thanks. I finally got it working but it will not>work with the FSX models. It will work with FS9 planes that>have been converted to FSX. Have you been able to read a full>FSX model OK. Thanks, best regards, Bob.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Hi Felix. Thanks for checking it. What a shame. I really liked ACM. I used it all the time for lights and contact points. I sure wish someone could fix it up so it works with FSX. Regards, Bob.