Sign in to follow this  
Alba

Engine gauge conflict

Hi Folks.I am reworking a C-130 panel and have made use of a set of engine info.gauges from a Dash 7. The gauges perform the same functions but look better.However, on engine start the TORQUE and PROP RPM gauges do not function. The ITT, OIL and FF (fuel flow) gauges operate as normal and respond to throttle, prop and mixture control inputs as normal.I compared the aircraft config files for any obvious differences and made some changes as I thought appropriate. However, this made no difference to the gauges but induced some other unwanted effects. I have put the config files back as they were but am now stumped as to why these two gauges do not fire up but the other three do.ps... I tried changing over the sound folders just in case some of the sound files were tied in to the gauges ( don't laugh!! I know it was a long shot.) but that made no difference either. The gauges are .gau files so I cannot access them like XML files.The Dash 7 is designed for FS2002 although I have installed an update for it to make it compatible with FS9. Even though the gauges are made for 2002 it's strange that three out of the five work ok and two don't.Perhaps someone has a set of gauges for a four engine turboprop that work ok. If so maybe you could put me on to the download for the panel.Any and all thoughts, ideas or help in general would be much appreciated.Thanks.Regards...Ken

It's quite possible that the torque and prop rpm gauges don't actually read anything from with FS and that the readings that are displayed are created from somewhere else. I do this quite a lot; for example, if modelling an RB-211 engine, I would need to create N3 'out of nothing' because FS does not provide an N3 parameter.-Dai

>for example, if modelling an RB-211 engine, I would>need to create N3 'out of nothing' because FS does not>provide an N3 parameter.>>-Dai>Actually on that engine type N3 is the same spool as N2 in FS, so is this last one who needs to be recreated "out of nothing" :-)Tom

Hello Chaps.Many thanks for your quick replies. Unfortunately, as I am not a gauge programmer I am unsure of how to make use of your info. I used to have the EasyGauge programme but due to several re-installs of XP I no longer have it. I know about the 'gauges h' file and am aware of the parameters that FS uses but with no knowledge of C++ I would not know how to implement them. Even with your tutorials Dai, I think that it would be beyond me.Could I simply paste over the gauge bitmaps using Panel Studio and Paint Shop Pro ? I will try that tonight and see what happens. That way the original gauge programming would still be there but with the bmp's of the Dash 7 gauges.Please feel free to comment or help further if you can.Regards...Ken