Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Readout number colours

Hello Folks.I have used the Concorde gauge AP windows in my own AP and it works fine. In my panel the readouts are white during daylight hours and red at night. I am unsure if that is the gauge doing that or the sim night lighting effect.I have thought that I would use this same effect in the fuel and radio gauges I am making. This would ensure continuity of colours throughout the panel.Is there a snippet of XML which changes the colour of the numbers with regard to hours of the day? If so, how do I determine the change from white to red and vice versa? What I mean is, how do I know when the sim decides it is night and day?Regards...Kenny

You also can try:(P:Time of Day,enum) or (E:Time of Day,enum), whereDawn=0, Day=1, Dusk=2, Night=3.So for example, 4 different colors for dawn to night, not tested:Color="%('color1' 'color2' 'color3' 'color4' 4 (P:Time of Day,enum) case)"Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

WWWOOYYYY, boy that code in the forum link looks to be beyond my current level of knowledge. Jan, it make me appreciate all the more the fact that you guys help out with my baby stuff.I will read it through several times and then try it out but I will probably have no idea as to what's happening and why!!I am still learning from the FS2X Tutorial so it will be a while before I am ready for more complex coding. I am about to attempt a Radio gauge using a rotary knob to change the frequencies as per the tutorial.Regards...Kenny

Unfortunately, (P:Time of day,enum) has been "broken" for a very long time......the only reliable return is 3 (night)... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi BillAre you sure? Mind you, I guess you must be. It's just that I've been using !iToD==1 to indicate anything but day.-Dai

>Hi Bill>>Are you sure? Mind you, I guess you must be. It's just that>I've been using !iToD==1 to indicate anything but day.No. I had a BF (Brain F*rt)... *:-* "The only reliable return is 1 (day)..." is what I meant to write...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator