Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

EDDF

any one could confirm this plzat Frankfurt (EDDF),runway 25L is visually overlapped by a runway 26L.that 26L starts about after 1/4 of 25L and even has its own PAPI.regards,Seba

I am living in Frankfurt (EDDF), and we only got RWY25L/25R (07L/07R),and RWY18/36 so far. Hope this helps.Rodger

Rodger,sorry for the misunderstanding,but I meant something completely -different:I know Frankfurt has 3runways in real life:25L/07R;25R/07L and 18/36but I'm actually talking about FS2002:it seems that in FS2K2 runway 25L is overlapped (visually) by a (unknown) runway 26Lit's really not normalcould somebody please check his 25L at EDDF to see everything's normal (with top-down view or Viewpoint)regards,Seba

Hi Seba,the runway you saw exists. It is runway 26L, which is "part" of runway 25L. The runway has an ILS 109.75 and also has seperate runway markings.The intention behind creating this runway was to enable a higher frequency of landings on the heavily used runway system in Frankfurt. As far as I know there are limits concerning visibility of using that one. But the threshold of the 26L is further away from the threshold of 25R to enable a smaller gap between arriving flights.I came in on the jump seat with various smaller planes (there is a limit in aircraft size using 26L, but none of the Captains and F/O I asked has used the 26L approach.If you have German Airports 2, you will find 26L there.Best regardsJens

Thx for the info Jens!I thought it was a bug,though it still looks strangethx againSeba

I fly into Frankfurt all the time..I never see what you are seeing..If you installed a new Franfurt airport scenery ontop of the defaultFrankfurt then you may need to Flatten the scenery in the scenery.cfg

Guest Dominik Mann

By the way, does anybody know of an AFCAD update for the default FS 2002 EDDF scenery? Tried modifying it myself, but without much luck :-( ...Thanks!

Dominik, The link above has an AFCAD update for the default scenery as well. Scroll down to the bottom. Misha

Guest Dominik Mann

Found it already, Misha...thank you! :D