Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

ACE Tool Error Help Please

I have been trying to use the ACE Tool in the SP1 SDK. Every time I open an XML file I get the same type error attached. I have included the XML file too. Any help sure would be appreciated. Best regards, Bob.(A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY,KHz) 10 * 10000 / flr(A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY,KHz) 10 * 1000 / 10 % flr(A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY,KHz) 10 * 100 / 10 % flr(A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY,KHz) 10 * 10 / 10 % flr(A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY,KHz) 10 * 10 % flr(A:Adf1 active frequency, KHz) 490 - 0.00208 * 230 * 190 + near(A:Adf1 active frequency, KHz) 100 - 999 + near(A:Adf1 active frequency, KHz) flr(A:adf sound:1, bool)ADF Decrement 100ADF Increment 100ADF Decrement 10ADF Increment 10ADF Decrement 1ADF Increment 1Tenths DecrementTenths IncrementADF Identity Toggle

Open the .xml file in notepad and add a blank space after The parser won't recognize the "comment tags" without the blank spaces!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill. Thanks. So the spaces have to be there in every XML file for the ACE tool to work. If so, can the XML file be saved with the spaces in them so when they are opened the next time the error won't be found? Do the spaces effect anything in the way the XML gauge works in FSX? Best regards, Bob.

>Hi Bill. Thanks. So the spaces have to be there in every XML>file for the ACE tool to work. If so, can the XML file be>saved with the spaces in them so when they are opened the next>time the error won't be found? Do the spaces effect anything>in the way the XML gauge works in FSX? Best regards, Bob.I believe that is a defect in the ACE.exe program. All I know is that "" (note leading space) is the correct tag for comments.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill. Thanks. I sure am not impressed with the tools in the SDK or the SDK itself. They sure did a lousy job of explaining things for the uniniformed users. Best regards, Bob.

if you don't really need the ACE tool then consider to switch to an other XML editor. There are several freeware available... I still prefer Peter reynolds XML editor, Vers. 1.1.1. but if anybody knows a better one ... you're welcome. But IMHO allmost everything is better than the ACE tool - when it comes to work with gauges.Herbert