Sign in to follow this  

Malta Scenery for FS2002

I have searched, browsed and read all the forums (well nearly all).There seems to be scenery for FS2002 for every airport imaginable plus a few others.Scenery for Malta just donen't seem to exist for 2002. The defauls scenery is so bland and I would have though that a small group of islands would make an ideal project.Back in FS98 days, there was some great Malta scenery by Alfred Grech, which really depicted the Southern Mediterranean tones and colours very well. I live in hope.John de GiorgioValletta, Malta

John

John,I did a version for FS98 which, with some tweaking, works just great with FS2002!The FS98 file is on FlightSim.com but I have a 'working' version somewhere which I need to find after my 9.6Gb data loss of all my FS2k2 stuff.Let me know what you want to do - but I can definately get you up and running although it may be a week or so!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Update!I ahve found my archive files - they are FS98 originals but look good even without the tweaking required. Will need a few days. One thing though, there is very little nightlighting but one day I may just get round to updating for FS2002. but for now ... !Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Dear Peter,I stumbled over this thread and would like to encourage You to re-upload Your Malta here at avsim.com. Maybe, if You have not much time, You could tell us what to tweak to have it fit into FS2002.I do not care much about night lighting - but would appreciate it if YOu found the time.Thanks, Torsten

Hi Torsten,I am getting there - but slowly!There are more tweaks than I thought getting FS98 scenery to work with FS2002 but the results so far are encouraging. The redrawing of some texture files and the updated design facilities in Airport are very time consuming, something I am short of at the momemnt. Hopefully the wait will be worth it although it may be a couple of weeks yet?Thanks for your interest,Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Peter,take all the time You need!Thanks for working on it at all - I am in progress of a FS98 remake as well... pain in the butt...Since I miss Malta since FS2K2 came out, a couple of weeks will definitely no problem at all.Torsten

Hi Torsten,When Build 154 of 'Airport' appears (this w/e I hope) it should speed up development significantly!You still playing with FS98 - brave man ;-))send me your Email address and I may be able to send you a preview copy of Malta - which is for FS2002 just to confirm!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.