Sign in to follow this  

Mission you desperately - a naiive but hopeful question

Me too -a million thanks Ihor, logging out, going scenery viewing and egg-hunting :-outta

Help Ihor !!! I installed your wonderful Mission but after a (very enjoyable) hour cruising low & slow around Santa Barbara last night, I could't see it? Could you pls give me the coordinates of the Mission just in case I'm looking in the wrong place? I wondered if perhaps it's subterranean, as I'm using Orlando's mesh, but as you use it too I don't think that's the problem. Perhaps it's being excluded by Al Wheeler's CCCoast (but then again, I've assigned your Mission the highest scenery priority so it shouldn't?). I've checked and re-checked my scenery config but that looks ok. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.PS on my travels I saw some curious structures in a semicircle that glowed at night - am I on the right track for the Egg?

I'm using Al Wheeler's CCCoast as well!

Ihor, Had relatives down from up North for the weekend so no simming! Every lull in the conversation had me thinking "Hmmmm.....I could just nip upstairs to my PC and try to find Santa Barbara Mission, I bet no-one would miss me for 5 minutes" but my good manners (plus threatening looks from Mrs V which translated to "Don't even think about it Crid :-grr !") stayed me downstairs as a proper host should. Well, guess what I'm doing tonight! Can't wait! California here I come....

Hi all,I just downloaded and installed your final version of the SBA Mission, Ihor, and it's great. Thanks much.I checked this morning and my scenery doesn't exclude or conflict with it ... either the version I uploaded or the one I'm working on now. The nearest exclude is down near the harbor and well out of the way. Priority doesn't seem to be a problem either. The coordinates for the Mission are N34 26.61, W119 43.08.I'm using Matt's landclass and no third party mesh right now.Al Wheeler

Took Jean to work this morning, her car is in the shop!.Photographed the logos for some of the LA downtown buildings.I'm updating the Micosoft bmp files right now!Thanks Al! feel free to include it, if you want. I appreciate the work you've done on Central California, Hearst Castle & Morrow Bay.

Wow - a scenery guru supergroup in the making? I can forsee a Golden Age, with wondrously enchanting California sceneries unfolding....:-wink2

Ihor,Thanks for the comments. Your mission would certainly be a great addition to my Cen. Coast scenery. I'm still working on it for another upload but it's slow going. We're into our "summer" four months here in Seattle and that cuts into my inside time somewhat. Actually, though, since the mission is a stand alone BGL I think it'd be nice if you uploaded it to Avsim and/or Flightsim.COM so people that aren't aware of your web page didn't have to wait for me to have it.Al Wheeleradwheeler@attbi.com

Doh!!!! It's amazing the difference including the [ before Area xxx makes in the scenery cfg. I'd cut & pasted and modified my preceding entry to suit The Mission, and didn't realise I hadn't highlighted the [. Result (of course) = no Mission. I'd been searching in the right place all along.... Worst thing is I'd checked & rechecked my cfg file innumerable times without spotting the missing [ and was absolutely baffled by the end (though it was 1.00am, way past my bedtime and my eyes were just about closed);(8.. But it was worth the pain - VFR around Santa Barbara is always fun and doesn't The Queen look splendid there next to the mountains. Still not found the egg yet though, so like the immortal Dion I'm gonna keep searchin', searchin'... Just hope this post helps somebody avoid the same trauma - never give up, there's always a solution :-)

Following a question from Shez in the Airport for Windows Forum, and the subsequent discovery that the program does not load the night textures for distribution. (when creating the zip file)So, my Manchester & Hartshead scenery will be updated this weekend!Sorry about that! tsk! tsk!

Simply not on, old boy....;) (but it did make them easier to find in the gloom!)