Sign in to follow this  

KSEA Tower View... can it be moved?

Using AFCAD, I am unable to change the tower viewpoint to coincide with the tower... suggestions?

You should be able to just move the tower around. Just click on the tower symbol and move it around with the mouse. If you place your plane on the real tower in FS it is even easier to get it on the right position.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

"Just click on the tower symbol and move it around with the mouse"the 'easiest' way to move the tower view (if you don't own FSNavigator) is by going to "Map View" from the FS2002 menu. Once on map view you have the option of either moving the tower (which basically only moves its viewpoint) or moving your aircraft. Although, of course, next time you return to KSEA it will be in its default location.-j

I thought we were talking about AFCAD here and then the new position will be saved in the AFD file, so it will be the same when you return :)ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

That's just it... moving/adding with AFCAD does nothing to the tower view... it remains in a position SE of the tower.

I created an airport with AFCAD and the tower view is right in the middle of my visual tower. When I select tower view in FS, I see the interior of the tower. So it should work.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

Yes, it works as advertised with an "addon" tower I did in AFCAD for another airport, but doesn't work for moving the tower view that "came with" FS2K2. *argh*

Guest Cazador

You have to delete your original AFD bgl files form your custom scenery folder to work the control tower view.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

Ouch.... I don't see that as a valid option for me, unless I want to export all the default airports and re-import them into a new one with AFCAD. *sigh*