Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

GMax animations

OK, I have done some other testing with GMax and the MakeMDL SDK. This time the animations.It was really easy to get an object rotating with the beacon# as name, but then I also wanted to try the other animation, with the tick18 prefix. So I made a nice moving box in GMax (keyframe animation) and exported it, but no animation in FS :(. When I took a look at the asm file I found that the source for the animation was there (at least the basic of it, I do not understand all the code :)) Has anyone got this animation to work already?ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

My tram worked first time (ok, just a coloured box) -- I popped it into an existing GMAX file. There's a screenshot on my News/reviews page to prove it!A bit jerky, and it does slow done the sim a bit.

Ahh, now I got my colored box moving to. I seems you are not allowed to place only one animated object in your BGL. I now added an static box as well (second object) and then it works fine.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

That sounds familiar to having to have two windsocks in line of site of each other or the windsock won't rotate with the wind. I believe this discussion was with Airport for Windows.