Sign in to follow this  

Grey'ess building around airport border..need help

SCENE FReaks..I need help!!!I have installed many sceney's in the past,but this one tops it all.!!!IN FS2002 I went to install KTPA and YSBK scenery which I have downloaded from the net.After installing and configed with scenery LIB in fs2002.I have noticed a row of grayed out building or some form of structures surrounding newly installed scenery's.There is no problem within the airport apron {all looks fine}but just outside the airport ,I see all these funny looking shapes like Buildings "I think"which are all grayed out....Q1> How do I get to delete them???q2> Should I install scenery in the scenerb file instead???thk mungabarry

Guest Barney1

Sounds like missing textures, probably for "trees". Re-read the documents that accompanied the file and you'll likely find an instruction therein. On the other hand, it is also possible that the author forgot to include them.....been there; done that!!!

YesI concurIt's the missing trees

If it's KTPA, then it is indeed missing trees. I put trees all around the airport to make it more like the real thing.The trees are all Airport 2.6 generated. Download the Airport 2.xx textures (available everywhere), and VIOLA!!! You'll see the trees. Hope it works out okay!Rob D.KTPA scenery designer

THKS GUYS.....Can I install default texture from cd to file to fix the problems??.Pls note have also installed NOVA tex's to help with the problem.

SORRY .....WHAT IS VIOLA??????can you give us a web site for us to download.thk mungabarry

Oi, me and my mout'. "Viola!!!" is just an expression (Italiam, I think) which loosely means "It's done." So no need to download that. :)Just put the Airport 2.xx textures from AVSIM, flightsim.com, or elsewhere into your main texture directory, and you'll see the trees.Rob D.

Sounds to me it's a bit larger than a violin.An instrument 4 strings, played with a bow containing stretched horse hair rubbed with rosin!or!Voila (French, 'There it is!':-grinning

hi THERE ..i WOULD LIKE TO THANK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RESPONED WITH THERE FS2002 SCENERY TIPS.....BUT GUESS WHAT?????THESE SO CALL GREYISSSSSH BUILDINGS OR TREES ARE NOT GOING AWAY..AND I'M ######...I HAVE COPIED THE TEXTURE TREE FILES FROM THE CD INTO FS2002/TEXTURE FILES AND OVERWRITED THEM AND I HAVE TRIED DELETING THE INSTALLED SCENERY FILES THAT I HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB AND REINSTALLING THEM ....NO GO!!!!I'M TRYING TO AVOID REINSTALLING FS2002 IF I COULD...NOW..I DO HAVE AIRPORT 2.6 ALONG WITH NOVA TEXTURES AND STILL THEY DO NOT WANT TO GO AWAY...........