Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Building a building?

I've tried my best to create the terminal at KMEM (as I said I would) and receive this error message everytime I start FS2K2 if that 'scenery' bgl is 'active'anyone know what I'm doing wrong?thanks in advance.-j

Seems like I got a error simular to this. If I remember corectly, the textures are missing for a object/s. Did you get a message when you compiled it that something was missing? Thats about all I know. Maybe the guru's will help too. Sorry I am not much, just a newbee too. http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cd2fb923e5fd384.jpg-Jay....:-yellow1-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW -WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

no, no other errors other than this.

this message means a calling bgl includes the statement CallLibObj( 0 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx) (x's replaced by the hex addresses in your error message).fs is happy as long as it finds a library file with that object address. That's whats missing. This can happen if you disabled a scenery area, and that library was in that scenery dir, of if you made the library file yourself, perhaps a typo in that file. It has nothing to do with textures.Bob Bernstein

hmmm... I'm lost... I still can't get the exclude to work properly and it's the only file in the folder. when I enable that scenery I get the above error message (and only the exclude bgl file is in the folder). and no matter, the exclude isn't working properly. Maybe I should just stick to adding gates.-j

you've probably got to take a breath, and not be too disappointed. Often I fail at something and then the next morning I realize why.I'll compile your exclude myself and report back. If it works for me, its got to be something about the order of your files in the scnerey stack in fs2002 library.B

that would be deeply appreciated :)I've kept the KMEM at the top of the list and was going to leave it there until I was sure it was working.

I must say that KMEM is a mystery. I've created excludes several different ways, and I've no doubt I've done it correctly. To be sure I booted up ASD and created an exclude for a large area of Tennesee, exlcuding much of memphis. No exclusion has occurred.Its the only place I've ever seen react like this.If someone can explain this, I'm all ears.

Just to test it, I added this line to the scenery.cfg:Exclude=N35 05.73,W90 2.92, N34 59.64, W89 55.03, allIt did remove the entire airfield of KMEM, so I should be possible :)Remains the question where the library error came from.....ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yes, I too could exclude the entire airport. But, I had no desire to re-make the entire scenery for the airport as I'm just wanting to make a new terminal. I've used your 'exclude' statement in scenery.cfg and it seems as if it is an 'all or none' law :(-j

True, you can only exclude all or nothing.But you can try to make the exclude area that small that it is only around the terminal, I think it then could work.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Sorry, if you misunderstood:I've changed the values of the line in scenery.cfg and have come to the conclusion that with the values entered, it's an all or none law.when I make the coords smaller, it appears to have no effect? or am I doing something wrong again?-j

I think if you make the exlcude just around the reference point of the terminal you should be able to exlcude only that building (I have not tested it).ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

Exclude=N35 03.9,W89 59.11, N35 2.54, W89 58.67, all:) using this statement in the scenery.cfg file DOES exclued the terminal as requested.the exclude statement was placed at the bottom of the scenery.cfg file within the Area created by FS2K2 for the 'new scenery' I'm creating for KMEM. There is NOTHING else in that folder and I am still getting the above error message when that folder is active?In addition, is there anything else the exclude statement can 'have' to remove tarmac and taxiways within that area as well?also, should I make this available to the public at large when I complete it, are instructions given to the end user on how to edit the scenery.cfg file? or is there a file that can be created that FS2K2 recognizes and will append to the file automatically (this is one reason I wanted to do the exclude bgl file as it is 'easy' to tell end users to merely place a file in their scenery folder')thank you for your assistance both bob and arno!I'm getting somewhere now :)-j

Arno, there is something odd about KMEM, cuz I made this exclude and saw no change to the object. Do you see an error in the file?Set( areamx 64 )Header( 3 37:00:00.0000 33:00:00.0000 -88:00:00.0000 -92:00:00.0000 )GenExcl( kmemexcl.bgl 135:4:5.4 35:1:12 -89:56:37.8 -89:59:27.635:4:5.4 35:1:12 -89:56:37.8 -89:59:27.6 )I wrote a tutorial on excluding like this, and it always has worked except this one.bob