Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Building a building?

Hi Bob,I just entered your SCASM code in a text file and made the BGL and I must say that it works OK. So the code is correct :). I have no idea why it didn't work with you.....ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I just tried to copy and paste the text into a text file then compiled it with v2.88 of scasm... removed the exclude statement from scenery.cfg and started FS2K2 ... and it didn't exclude anything (that I can tell).Arno, would you email me a copy of the bgl that did work? I want to compare them with my text editor.thanks-j

do you mean you had a successful compile, cuz that's not the issue...sure it compiles. Or do you mean you applied it successfully? That's the deal, the object doesn't disappear....almost like the refpoint is remote, like they made a bunch of stuff together with a remote shared refpoint.B

All airport buildings were gone..... Only a few roads remained, but I guess their refpoint is outside of the airport. So it does work.... (with me)ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Wierd, the same bgl that excluded NOTHING for me, excludes just fine for you. hmmmmmB

I used the bgl file arno sent me through email and it did infact exclude the entire airport. I recompiled to with my copy of scasm.exe and then it did nothing :( additionally, I changed the boxsize and it still did nothing. One thing I did note, however, when I compiled it it output a file named test.bgl instead of kmemexcl.bgl ... I'm wondering if it has something to do with the version of scasm I'm using now.I've looked at the hex code in the bgl file after compiling the exact sca file sent by arno and compared it with the bgl file he sent me...NOT even close to being the same thing????see below ... first one is arno's ... second one is mine...-j

When you compile the SCASM code it should produce 2 BGL files, one named test.bgl and one named kmemexcl.bgl. You only need the last BGL, you can trow away test.bgl.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

ok... when I drag and drop the test.sca onto scasm.exe it produces one bgl file (test.bgl) so I went to a command prompt and compiled it and it produced two bgl files called kmemexcl.bgl and test.bgl. I deleted test.bgl and started FS2K2 ... and it worked... I then made the 'area' smaller, compiled it and it works again... imagine that! The only 'problem' I see is that the tarmack and taxiways are not being excluded. Do I have to do something different to have more than just the buildings excluded?thanks Arno!!-j

If you make the exclude area bigger again (so that it also includes the refpoint of the tarmac) you should be able to get also rid of these. Or you could make a seperate exclude BGL for that.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

j, would you post the scasm and your exact steps that resulted in a bgl exclude that took out the terminal at kmem....too many iterations and I got lost.It sounds like you're back to doing exactly what I did that didn't work.Bob B

Me too, Bob. Lost in the middle somewhere that is. Been following this one with great interest but I think I'll go back to doing what I know how to do and wait until you guys get it figured out and let me know how.jb

I took the files that arno sent me through email:kmemexcl.bgl and test.scaI dropped test.sca onto scasm.exe and it created one bgl file called test.bgl. Comparing this to the file he sent me, kmemexcl.bgl I noticed the files were no where close to being similar (my above post).I then went to a command window and typed scasm.exe test.bgl and it produced two bgl files. test.bgl I deleted because of instruction given by arno. kmemexcl.bgl (the other bgl this process created) was identical to the kmemexcl.bgl arno sent me through email. I then changed the lat/long in test.sca to a smaller area and compiled it with the command prompt command again and once again, it created two bgl files, so I tossed test.bgl into the recycle bin again.After opening fs2k2 with only kmemexcl.bgl in the folder all worked as it should, with the exception that I was unable to delete the tarmac and taxiways. I continued increasing the size of the box in test.sca until it excluded everything in the airport again (which is not what I wanted to have done) so apparently the reference points for the tarmac are located close to or in the same place as the reference points for the entire airport?Hope that explains it ...-j

would you send me what arno sent you?bob@blarg.net

Is this not a simple problem of a default region/city scenery area requiring activation from within the scenery library of FS2002?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"