Sign in to follow this  

ATC to recognise a new airport

HiI have created a new airport, ERCAN Airport in Cyprus (LCEN) that was not included in FS2002. I have used the airport software. I should be able to upload it shortly for everyone to enjoy a visit to the sunny island of Cyprus, but I need information and guidance to configure the FS so that the ATC recognise this new airport and the aircraft can communicate with the tower, aproach and ground etc.Could anyone help? I would appreciate for your helpLetats

Ok mate :-hahGoto the AVSIM file library and download afcad11.zip this is the BEST (and only) program for your purposes. With this great tool you can add all necessary frequencies, even taxiways which are recognized by AI and for progressive taxi. Hope this helped (I think so) ;)Regards :-wave from EDDFhttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpg

Thanks for the advice, AFCAD was easy to use But!... I have created the parking gates, runways, navids and the taxiways and the tower ATC comm frequencies etc with AFCAD. They all show in the FS2002 except the ATC. When I try to communicate with the tower or the ground I communicate with the tower of the adjoining airfield at 122.900 hz and I am directed to the adjoining airfield runway 6. The adjoining airfield (CX00) never had any tower or comm frequency in the original FS. I have made sure that my AFCAD comm frequencies are ok. the adjoining airfield do not have any tower comm frequencies. I am really puzzled? Can anyone help!!

Are you sure you have entered the correct ICAO code for the airfield? Then you should be able to get de comm. freqs on your own airfield....I haven't tried it for a completely new airfield, but I works when you add ATC to an airfield that doesn't have it in Fs2002.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

HiI am back with this problem again. The scenery is totally completed but the ATC etc. communication problem still remains.As I have mentioned above, I have used Airport for Windows 2.6 Build 146 and created the airport with all communication frequencies. Due to the restrictive nature of the airport program I could only put 'Southwest Asia' as the region. The original FS region for Cyprus is 'Southwest Asia (Middle East)'. How can I change this setting?Could this be the reason of not being able to communicate. Whenever I try to contact ATC,I get to tune in CX00 (Kingsfield AB) which is about 10 miles away.I have used AFCAD v 1.2.2 for other aspects of the airport without problems, but ATC problem still remains.Last question. Shouls I need to place the .afd file into FS2002/SCENEDB/AFDFILES/SCENERY folder ? ( I have already tried this but no success)Could you please provide help and advise?Letats

Hi Letats,I am just having exactly the same problem. Have you found a way to cure it in the meantime?Wisi

I don't think you have completed the entire process. First, yes place the new AFD file made by airport in your FS2002scenedbafdfilesscenery folder. The information in this file is used to populate the Airport Selection, MAPVIEW, and GPS map with the location of this airport and associated NAVAIDS.I am assuming you have created an airport designator that is unique, i.e., not used by another airport in FS2002. If so, communication to the airport is not part of the ATC locations in the hugh ATC sound file located in your fs2002sound folder so it is not going to say your airport name. However, if you use AFCAD to open your AFDFile you made in Airport, you should be able to change the things you want. Use the list menu item to select what you want and click each item, select properties to add the information.Remember, if you open, compile, and save these files in Airport again, the added information will be overwritten since Airport overwrites the files with new files. As far as adding the 'Southwest Asia (Middle East)', are you saying Airport wouldn't allow you to type this information into the approptiate box on the Airport SectionAirport Facilities Directory Data screen and then compile properly?Lastly, if you are using a COMM frequency that is the same as a nearby airport, FS2002 thinks you want to land at at airport vice your new airport. Try changing the frequency, making sure no other airport is using that frequency in your region.AFCAD 1.4 is the latest version!

Thanks, I am not sure whether this is really my problem.My new airport shows up in the airport directory. The frequencies I chose are listed when I go in map view and click it. The airport exists in FS2K. I can land there. All my parking spots are there. Just communication does not work. The frequencies which appear in map view for the airport are not usable, I get some sort of default traffic frequency 122.9 instead when the atc window pops up.Concerning the rest, I followed the afcad manual on creating a seed file etc.Wisi

It sounds like the airport reference point (+ mark in AFCAD) is toofar from your parking spots, so when you bring up ATC it thinksyou are at CX00. If you are flying VFR can you see your newairport on the "select airport" ATC window? If so select it andsee if it gives you option to contact your new tower for touch andgo or full stop landing.To get the ATC window to display your airport name, and have theATC voices say it, you need to use editvoicepack to create the text and voice for your new LCEN, otherwise you just get Lima Charlie Echo November.scott s..

Guest JoeW

I'm having this problem with "Dexterville" which is about 5 miles from "Emma Field". If you tune to the tower you get Emma autonaticly. You have no chioce of freq. You must have an ATC, Ground, Tower, Approach. for AFCAD to work. Joe W.