Sign in to follow this  

This is in reguards to my post below Re signs texturein

Hi all any ideas as to why my textures on my signs are not being drawn from much further that about 1000 meters or less here is a pic showing the size of my signs(they are to specs BTW). Thanks for anyhelp Dan

Guest Simpit

The textures, but not the object? Check the format of your textures, and create mip maps for them if you have not.Derek

Hi Derek I get the same result with DTX1 444 and 888 textures it's a little better with the original bit maps as for "make a mip map"you have lost me but please explain as I thought mipp mapping wasa type of algorithum or somtheing that helps with blurry textures(mine are nice and sharp) But as I am but a dumb pilot please show me the way! LOL and once something is of a certant size say like mylarger signs ( an example would be APRON IAPRON II IV with a arrow to the right the textures show from the other side of the airportsome 2800 m away the signs are all to scale I.E. the are all the same hight and width and differ only in how long they are. And oftenuse the same cram texture so go figure. But please explain to me how to make a mipmap.http://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Here is a pic of an larger sign that does not lose it's texturesremember like I said the only thing differant is the length the hightand width are the same. Dan

Guest Simpit

There is an option to create mipmaps in imagetool that I use.It creates multiple copies of the original in the same graphics file, so FS can swap them out as you go further and further away. Right now I'm only using DXT 1 textures. Derek

10-4 Derek that's an extended bit map like I said the problem seems to be with the number of pixels on screendistance in fact I get slightly better results with just regular bit maps go figure. But thank you for replying. Dan

Hi Dan!This explains my black 'premiere house' in my Manchester City Centre scenery. Since I haven't yet done the final texture with mip maps.Saturday morning I will figure out the texturing in gmax!Conversion to DXT is done prior to zipping the files for distribution.What's the XP feature that lets a remote user control your computer?Maybe you could go through the process on my computer while I stare at the screen ;-)

Where will I find the IP address that you will need?At home I use www.lafn.orgJean's off with her daughter tomorrow most of the day so I'll be available!Is this it?Microsoft® Windows 98 ©Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998.C:WINDOWSDesktop>ping lafn.orgPinging lafn.org [206.117.18.1] with 32 bytes of data:Request timed out.Request timed out.Request timed out.Request timed out.Ping statistics for 206.117.18.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0msC:WINDOWSDesktop>or is it some on my machine?

That looks like an I.P!! Now I will get back once I find out what's up for to-morrow. Dan