Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

API Macros, request

I live in Edmonds...not far from the old Martha's Lake airport.I did bowerman, harvey, thun, tacoma, monroe and pennridge, pa for fs2000, so I've been wanting to upgrade them for 2002. This was one of the reasons I wanted fsds not to be shown up! LOL, I'm redoing my VOD macros into gmax for harvey. Once I release this package I'll be lookin for a neat new project!B

Well Bob I will be looking forward to your stuff! and I am workingon CYYJ (Victoria B.C. CZBB Vancouver's Boundry Bay and CYVR as well) Dan

Bob, I totally understand your thoughts on performance and efficiency of code. Im at a place right now though where I'm really comfotable with Apt and the Nova program. What we need...er I NEED:)....is a simple tutorial on how to build simple structures/buildings and import them into FS rather than doing detailed figures and aircraft. I most likely will never get to doing aircraft but would chiefly use gmax to do scenery I think. Once Ive done one or two I usually have no problems after that, So any of you scenery gmax gurus start puttin up tutorials please!! :) I have found using Gerrish Grey's tree libraries has helped a lot in the frame rate department over some of the other tree macros out there. That plus they match up with autogen much better. I guess we all dont like change, but ill stay with it! By the way..I use Tacoma Narrows also and it works fine for me. I dont think Ive seen a scenery yet that was as detailed that didnt affect the frame rate.

Team Scenery (Bob, Arno, Ihor, Christain, etal),After all the talk on GMax you guys have convinced me....I am going to begin today to learn the program. I have already begun a new scenery project and have already done the buildings in FSDS but I am going to do the most fps consuming parts in GMAX (the jetways).Now what do we do about those static aircraft (the biggest fps-drainers! :-roll )Look out for lots of questions! (-: CheersShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

You might do a search here for Luis Sa as he seems to have some interesting ideas on static a/c that he posted previously. He sent me some code but so far, I haven't even had time to explore it although he might really be on to something. I've tried about everything I can think of with no positive results other than improving the quality of them. Which doesn't help much if the sim slows to a crawl. Maybe the answer here is a low poly GMAX a/c with a single DXT texture. Seems like the existing FS98 a/c that I use already have a fairly low poly count but some do use a lot of .BMP textures. I've even tried re-mapping some of them in the .MDL file to eliminate a few but it doesn't seem to make an appreciable difference.BTW Bob B. What happened to summer around here? I think it was warmer in Anchorage than it was here today.jb

uhhh, James....what'ya mean, we had a great summer. It was last weekend, where were you? :-))B

I know it is a pain.I will have a look at the post to see the contents. With all this designing time I really am not a great one for experimenting with codes etc. I leave it to the experts. :-wink2 They are much better at it. I knew a lot about SCASM code but again not as much as some here.I guess the lesson is also to go for the FS98 a/c with r8 texture files only. More efficient...CheersShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

and at least make them library objects.B

yes that too...:( RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Well not yet. No computer expcept for the office laptop which has a pretty unsatisfactory video card (ATI 8MB). FS2002 looks like FS5.0! Still in transit in the hotel and will be until mid-June. Hence no designing on DFW etc. In the meanwhile, I have begun another project....RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Well I have just started with learning the program but on first impressions this program is a beauty! The possibilities are endless from what I can see! Now let's see what I can do with this in FS...Shez

Shez Ansari

:D another person convinced. Once you get over the shock of all the buttons on the screen it becomes clear GMax has a load of usefull options.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Well from what I can see many of these buttons are really only useful for advanced game design and one must focus on the FS world which is very boxy and mundane.... :D I think the phrase "must see the forest from the trees" is the motto with GMAX...unless you want to put a leaping Spiderman hopping from building to building! :-lol ShezP.S. Where is the FS import plug-in and the FSRGEN (sp?) program for building library objects located?

Shez Ansari