Sign in to follow this  

Rest of the worlds Aiports/fields & bases ???

Hi all,As we are probably all aware, FS2K2 is heavily biased toward America in its level of coverage on airports etc... 17000 "cities" listed, with over 10000 being in the USA alone. This means that the rest of the world is impoverished, you look at Russia or China for example, two HUGE countries, or Australia & so on..... hardly any airports included in comparrison....Even the UK (where I am) has only a couple of hundred, & I know for a fact that airfields & airports are missing... (wheres Bushey!!??? :))Basically, has any company on individual, created a BULK install that adds several thousand more airports etc around the world, with all the frequencies, ILS, buildings etc...???If so where can i download them .... I think it's about time the rest of the world was 'FILLED' ?? :)

AFAIK noone has ever created a large set of new airports for more than one country.There are packs for the Netherlands, Spain and Norway that I know of that improve the existing ones and might add some more. But that's abut it. Most people that make airports only make major international airports as those are the most popular with the majority of potential customers (i.e. people outside the country the airport is located).

This means that the rest of the world is impoverished, you look at Russia or China for example, two HUGE countries, or Australia & so on..... hardly any airports included in comparrison....Just because those are huge countries does not mean they have an equal number of airports compared to the United States.How many airports should there be in the United Kingdom?Todd

You are correct that most of the modeled airports in in the USA and the other countries were not worked on as hard. But that makes perfect sense. Since the large customer base are americans. And it is an american comapany.Pete