Sign in to follow this  

gmax regestration problems

hi every one im new to designing fs2002 stuff.im a total bigginer ive tryed to regidter gmax on the web like ur soposed to but when i have i get an error saying "incorrect registration vertion please update"can anyone tell me what it means???? i would also like to know what exactly gmax does LOL and is it easy or hard ETC any info is good thankswolfie

Don't worry!I have two emails with registration but I still get that silly screen prompting me to register.I think the process attempts to write to a file on your disk which may be read only since it came from a CD.Download version 1.1 then add the FS files. Then ignore the registration screen.If those paid morons can't program properly, I'm sure not going to lose any sleep over it.With patience, gmax will satisfy all your scenery needs, primarily because the bgl produced is very efficient and has a lesser effect on frame rates.

thanks ill download the 1.1 but then what do i do i dont understand do i just overide the existing gmax files (better wait for download to finish)but thanks any more info would b good

Guest GalacticCowboy

It is because the version on the MSFS CD is version 1.0 but the current "live" version is 1.1. When you go to the web site to register it assumes you're registering 1.1, so version 1.0 won't use the registration info.You have to download and install version 1.1. I don't know WHY Discreet didn't either provide some sort of upgrade path or allow people to register and use older versions...

Never had this problem with Kinetix!! :-)

10-4 Ihor I guess that's what happens when a smaller company get's bought out by a larger company "progress" I beleve. I guess in thatgmax is "free" and 3DSMax is $4000 and up for the full version they did not think of the above problem with their up grade path. As theirsupport of 3DS is very good one hopes that they fix the aboveboo boo. Gmax is a very good pice of software however as people herein the FS world are learning. Dan http://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif