Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Tutorial - how to exclude a default building or structu

Some time ago, someone asked if you could exclude something as small as a fuel square. Again, another person asked a similar question about excluding a default building. I wrote this to help but only today learned how to include images and text together in a message, thanks to "steve". So, here's a reprint of the tutorial incase anyone needs this technique.*************************************************************Creating a selective exclude area in fs2002Use "top down" view from fs2002/views drop down/view mode. Slew until your crosshairs are at the NW corner of the object you wish to exclude.htt://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce5a19429c288c4.jpgWrite down the coordinates of this location: in this example N40:22.06 W74:15.03Then slew to the SE corner and write that location down:htt://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce5a1a529f58790.jpg Converting the format of the coordinates Fs2002 reports coordinates in degrees:minutes. For our scasm file we

"never mind"....I still can't add photos to text on this forum! LOLB

:-)you forgot the 'p' in http

Thanks Ihor, ur right of course. Well, I tried. Anything that is this hard is not worth my time to mess with or anyone elses time to read. It used to be easy, I'm missing that. It used to be the import file info showed up in the text screen automatically, you just typed around it. I could do that. Bob B

Hi Bob.Here's a trick for SCASM. Just 'drag-n-drop' the 2n8.txt file onto the Scasm.exe ICON... it compiles right on the DeskTop. Couldn't be easier.

I have been excluding the default scenery now for a while with a bit cruder method but it only takes a few minutes really. First I go to the sim and slew to the scenery/object i want to get rid of. I copy the lat/long very carefully and minimize the sim. Open up airport, start a new scenery go exactly to the lat/long I wrote down for the object i want to delete. I then creat a scenery with a small exclude area centered on those coordinates. I go back to the sim and reload the scenery and viola! no more fuel square! Every now and then it takes a few tries but never more than a few minutes to get what i want. I have been using this to do airports too, no background bitmaps either. Once I get a few objects/hangars/airplanes into the scene it gets really easy to place stuff. I sometimes use a road on the runway as a guide for the scenery work in airport if Im keeping the default runways. I know its crude, but its sinple and it works.hornit

Many ways to skin a cat! Whats all this talk I hear about Violins on Television?:-))B