Sign in to follow this  

Internal views

Tonni,Go into FS2002.cfg file and find the line that says:SEE SELF=1Change it to:SEE SELF=0Hope this is what you're looking for.Best regards,Bob

Thanks Bob..I'll give it a try tonight....TonniPS: This will however change the views on all aircraft. You don't know a way I could do it with only the model I'm working on??? (He says hopefully)

Tonni:Each of the default planes has a text section in their respective panel.cfg files that looks something like this:(Vcockpit01)Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=512,512position=7visible=0ident=pixel_size=512,512texture=$737_1Try removing this text (don't forget to backup the original file first!) and see if that doesn't have the desired effect. Good Luck, Alex CN562ZMinneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi Kiwi,I hate to be the bearer of bad news :-( , but I believe the aircraft structure is hard-coded in the model file and can't be removed. The only way I fould of overcoming exactly the problem you describe was to move the pilot's viewpoint to a position forward of the structure. The downside is this gives a strange visual impression when taxying, but in most cases it's liveable with if you don't 'sit' too far ahead of the cockpit.

Sorry, Alex, but that won't work. It'll get rid of the VC gauges, and maybe the VC panel, but the rest of the aircraft will still be there. Tonni,If you're willing to experiment a little, I have an (untested) idea. Open the files in the Texture folder and find the areas that correspond to the interior of the plane. Add a black alpha channel behind these areas and save -- I think as DXT1. That just might leave you with a transparent interior.

Thanks for your respons guys....I'll Look into it this weekend and let you know if I get any of it working.....CheersTonni

First, that "SELF" switch in the cfg is your only option. The cockpiuts a built exactly the same time as the external model. and have to be saved as one file. There is no getting rid of it beyond that self switch. Besides that "fake" cocpit views are not very enjoyable. you cant pan the hat switch.Rather than a pan, it cuts to the side view shot. Natutally since its only a 2D image. But it reallly ruins the extra feeling a great quality 3D cockpit can achieve. And as far as 3D cockpits are concern. I have yet to see any free aircraft with cockpits equal to or better than the those found inside the default FS2k2 Pro models.Pete

Guest adlion944

I have successfully hacked the PSS A320 and removed the VC using Hexworks, but I couldn't do it to the Commander C115.Email me the file and I'll see if I can hack the VC out of it.Dave

Pete...Your arguments in favour of virtual cockpits are quite valid, IF, and that's one big IF, you have a super fast Ninja computer to work with. Mine's pretty old, and quite frankly, the VC (3D) views I get on screen are really grotty... That's why I usually fly in 2D cockpit mode.....I don't agree with your comment 'I have yet to see any free aircraft with cockpits equal to or better than the those found inside the default FS2k2 Pro models.' though, if we're talking 2D views... I have a Cessna 310R with views made directly from photos taken in the cockpit of a 'real life' 310(which I have enhanced slightly), and a hand painted set of views someone made for the Piper Cheyenne. Both of these far exceed what Microsoft has produced...From the messages returned it looks like I'm stuck until I can afford an upgrade on my hardware.....Thanks for the input though.....Take care up there.//Tonni

>Pete... >Your arguments in favour of virtual cockpits are quite >valid, IF, and that's one big IF, you have a super fast >Ninja computer to work with. Mine's pretty old, and quite >frankly, the VC (3D) views I get on screen are really >grotty...I only have a PII450 528meg ram and a viper V550 card. Starngley, My experience is the exact opposite. The 2D views are often Hires and really respond slowly. Worse than any of the default 3D VC's. I downloaded a Piper Cherokee, showcased in PCPilot magazine that does have a VC but it has too many polygons and is slugish>I don't agree with your comment 'I have yet to see any free >aircraft with cockpits equal to or better than the those >found inside the default FS2k2 Pro models.I wasn't really making an argumenative point here. Just saying that I havn't seen any with a descent cockpit. Until that Piper I mentioned. Wich I only found about a day ago. Its weird. I have all the gauges it requires, yet they do not show up in the VC mode at all. So, thats a big slap in the pipers face for sure.I think the default VC cocpits use a lot of trickery with help from the photos. Meaning, where you think there is an edge or curve in some instances its probably actually pretty flat. WHereas tis Piper has a top panel with very round edges. thertby being more polys than necessary.The other thing that people must remeber is that not all people have fast computers. So companies have to make thier product with only so much detail. To a point of course. I mean since win3.1 speed computers are proactically gone, and the fact that they would prefer us to be using at least a PIII. In other words the quality will be lacking a little bit waiting for that guy down the street to modernize his computer.