Sign in to follow this  
arno

what's middleman good for.......

you can't ignore the warning! you need that _0 file. Look at the two files in an editor and you'll better understand what's in them. I'd kick out middleman, make sure ur using the latest makemdl.exe.Without middleman, click on keep files on makemdl. now u have both myfile.asm and myfile_0.asmsteer library object window to the myfile.asm file.all else you wrote above looks right.B

OK I got the latest Makemdl. Then compiled the two files and got no more error messages. Got a new bgl after processing the asm thru BGLC. Now a dumb question, where does the processed bgl need to reside? I placed the bgl in my scenery directory and got a 'Scenery Object Not Found' message for this object when I loaded the scenery. The other question is if the bgl is the scenery library object does that mean that in an upload you will have to upload all these bgls too, besides the main Airport bgl?Thanks. You guys must be going nuts answering these questions....Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez,You should place your library BGL in the same folder as your main scenery BGL. If you still get an Missing Object error, check if you entered the correct ID in the library and in the calling macro.If you upload your scenery it will contain at least 2 BGL, one for the library and your main bgl that calls all the library objects.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN. Let me try this. So every object we create we open the asm and just add it to the library, correct? This theoretically will contain the previous library object I assume....ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yes, that's the idea.The only problem is that at the moment you have to add all object again each time you want to add a new object to the library (there is no save function or something like that). I have mailed George about this and he was working on such a feature for a next version.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Chris, Georges post made me wonder if the Subject of this thread troubled you. I meant no disrespect. My apologies if any harm was done. I was just unable to find a reason to use your utility for the specific work I was doing, and I was getting a bit confused. On seeing the "keep files" option in the new mademdl, I posted this with the idea that if leaving middleman out could cause me an unpredicted grief, then this thread would alert me to that grief if it was coming.Thanks for your contributions to the sim community.Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.