Sign in to follow this  
arno

help in a 2k2 update

Kyprianos Biris did a great London Westland helipad ( battersea )for 2k -Problem is its now land locked and suffers from the usual ills that befalls 2k scenery in 2k2....I have his persmission and digital photos for an update - if anyone is willing to help me.Email me atvatusa4@vatusa.orgRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

just a slight bumpRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Can you maybe make the problems more clear? Then we might be able to give you some tips on how to solve them.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

well textures flicker ( new textures? )and coast line moved so the scenery isnt on waterand the scsnery needs to be moved - I may just try to redo itRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

OK, the textures look like a z-bias problem (or if it are ground polygons that flicker they might need a LayerCall).And I think it should be possible to move the scenery a bit. I don't know if you have received the source from the author? Otherwise you could decompile the BGL file (you have permission for the modifications, right?) and then move it that way.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Yes I have permission - and his great digital images he tookI may try and REMAKE it in gmax - most shapes around are simple... except one hotel across the waterwould i need 2 seperate flatten calls?one on the east side and one on the west side of the water?Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

If you just place some 3D objects you probably don't even need a flatten call. If the mesh has not to big slopes you won't need a flatten call I think.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno