Sign in to follow this  

A Picture For Shez showing what an airport can look lik

Hi Shez and all I and Jim Kanold are working on an airport up in Ontario all done in gmax(all meshes anyway) and I think people are going to like it. Since one has a high degree of control over how amesh is made and textured in Gmax (like 3DSMax). So if one takes the time ANY airport can look like this. Dan

Pretty neat! What are the comparative fps showing?Having begun the GMAX work myself I can see how much better it is than FSDS in terms of flexibility although FSDS is a wonderfully easy tool (if you master it).Another question, are gates done in GMAX much better on the fps than FSDS generated ones? I suspect so.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1 I get 18-24 fps on a PII400 with most sliders maxed out except A.I(due to old CPU) so yup frame rates seem to be great. 2nd gates as well are not a frame rate hit either. I make all my meshes from splines I.E. I draw 'em allows for better control of polly's for one thing. But the best thing about a tool like gmax is the control overyour textures and how they are mapped to your mesh. I still like FSDSbut not for modeling meshes. Plus I kinda know what to expect from gmax as I know 3DS MAX fairly well and Gmax is a dumbed down versionof the above. Plus our little scenery has it's own custom .dem amd ground textures as well (it's not just an airport). Dan (P.S. thanks for the comments)

Dan, that is way beyond nice! Looks stunning. :-eek Sure wish you would stop teasing us and release it. Need at beta tester? :-)I still continue to beat gmax to death here. Kinda like 2 steps forward 1 step back. :-lol One of these days. I also agree about the fps of gmax models wheather scenery or a/c I can really tell the difference on my system. PIII, 800mhz, Geforce2 GTS 64MB.Shez, I dropped you a mail early last week, don't tell me we have this problem again. Let me know and I will re-send it again.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce80e1950ba5637.jpg-Jay....:-outta-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW -NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

As soon as we are ready we are very picky and I am positively annalabout how things look. Like the old commerical I will release no meshbefore its time. But I will email you when we are ready for beta!!. P.S. thanks for the comments Dan.

Yes!My gmax is shareable, though I don't have the program that quickly returns my IP address.

u mean winipcfg?I thought that was part of windows?B

Yes!I get that, "I've looked all over for this file & can't find it honey!, did you type the name correctly sweetie"(I wish I could go back to those old dull monotone messages)

Flight Ontario is looking for new members. Not just people that can model in GMAX, but photographers with access to CYYZ and CYTZ, people knowledgable about SDK special effects etc,etc.If you want something to do, join our dwindled team.Email me or Dan if interested.Get a mic and join us on Yahoo messenger ID jkanoldhttp://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Nice work. As far as FSDS capabilities are concerned, you might want to check pictures from Sebastian R

Yep did not receive. Try sheza5@yahoo.com.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Looks great and that site is not bad either! BTW I don't think anybody is saying that FSDS a "bad pice of software" it's just thatI found that I get better frame rates with gmax as one can not say add or modify an airport with it it's a modeling tool not a database tool so I will continue to use FSDS for the above(it's a great tool)but gmax is the way to go for modeling as rumor has it that the olddata types are on their way out after FS2002.(BTW how long before your airport is out?) Dan

what is it ur saying ud use fsds for?Bps, new power supply seems to have fixed my box...fingers crossed!

Yeah, had the same idea. Using FSDS for modifying an airport is not a very good idea. FSDS and GMax can both only be used to create 3D objects.For the rest of the scenery programs like GroundMaker and Airport should do the trick :).ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog