Sign in to follow this  

Question about gmax export to BGL

Hi folks,I'm fairly new to scenery design, so have some patience please.. :-)Question about gmax export to BGL. I have a small simple building made just to test export ability. The (box) primitive is specified in Meters scale as indicated in Customize | Units Setup. However, when I go to export the file it reports with an error that it still isn't in Meters.I went through the export process anyway, and entering in the coordinates (slewed to it in FS, and entered the coordinates displayed in shift Z) but it didn't display the object. I'm assuming that has something to do with the meters issue..I must be missing something - any ideas what?Thanks in advance..

did u put ur bgl file in a scenery dir and add that area in the world library?Sometimes my fs won't display something until I restart fs, annoying but rare.Perhaps you need to assign a material, I've never tried to export something without a material.Perhaps the scale is wacky, like huge...pull back a bit to see if that's the problem.B

Argh, thanks for the reminder on the scenery directory.. turns out I had placed it in the wrong directory..Shows up now :-)Thanks Bob..