Sign in to follow this  
arno

Screen Shots

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction, as I am looking for the program, that takes the screen shots. Is there such a program, and if not how do you take the screen shots?Anyone out there that can help I would appreciate it, as I am new to all this, and want to use add-a-gate, and gmax, and am still trying to figure out how.thanksdon d. leonard

Hi Don there are a number of programs that will covert an image to say jpeg like ACDsee Firegraphic etc so that you can post here at avsim. As for using add a gate I myself do not use it but do know the basics of gmax just post your questions and the friendly peoplehere will try to help you. Dan

HI Don, if You mean how to actually capture the screen in FS2k2, You just need to push the "Print" button on Your keyboard.As for gmax, I would suggest You first start with the various tutorials, before trying by Yourself; of course if You already use 3D Studio...RegardsCekko

Addendum: after pushing the "print" button, start Your favourite paint program (Windows default "PAINT" one is OK) and paste the immage.RegardsCekko

Guest Navigator

A very useful program for taking screenshots is FSScreen, available for download from the Avsim Library:File Description:This is a small, yet very useful utility for taking screenshots in FS98/FS2000/FS2002 without having to pause the flight sim, so that you can paste into MSPaint. Developed by Matthias Holzer, this tool stores your screenshot everytime you hit the "Print Screen" key and stores that screenshot in your FSSCREEN folder and it can store up to 1,000 screenshots, while you never have to stop or pause your flight sim! (JW)Filename: fsscreen.zip Added: 11th November 2001 Downloads: 4138 Author: Matthias Holzer Size: 25kbHope you find this program in the Library! In stead of MSPaint, try IrfanView, free-of-charge. Use AltaVista to locate it on the Web.Good luck!Roland

I use Irfanview here at work.Very nice program to work with!

I use Grabber2k, great program, you can configure it so that it automatically saves any screenshot you take in a specific folder. Works not only for FS but for any windows program.Also you can set it up that way that it doesn't save your taskbat and the menu bars etc.And the best of all, it's a free program :)ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog