Sign in to follow this  

FS2002/Squakbox/XP

Since upgrading to XP I am having problems firing up Squawkbox. SB seems unable to locate my multi-user session and, hence, does not work properly. I load FS, start Multi-user session, load SB host screen, then load SB... and thats where it stays (unless I cancel).Any suggestions?

Question... Did you try putting in "127.0.0.1" as the IP address in the multiplayer search box?

I use a 3rd party freeware SBox Host module developed by King Ingersoll and his team and then fire up the SBox application -- it works like a charm.You can get it from the AVSIM library (hostsb.zip). All you have to do is copy the hostsb.dll to your FS2002 MODULES folder and follow the instructions in the README file -- very easy to use and free!Here's King Ingersoll's HostSB README text:-------------------------------------------HostSB is a FS2002 module dll that can be used instead of "SB Host.exe" that comes with the standard download package of Squawkbox for FS2002. It is a blank dialog box that hosts Squawkbox.exe in the FS2002 window without causing a switch to 2D graphics, and can be resized as desired and minimized/restored when desired. With HostSB, SB runs mostly as in previous Fsim versions, but you can minimize it to get it out of the view when desired. The FMS and TCAS cannot be dragged out of the host window.To install:put it in your FS2002/Modules folder.To remove: delete it or move it elsewhere.This version does not require a special entry in fs2002.cfg to avoid the 3rd party software warning. Otherwise, it is the same as version 1.0.Start FS2002, and follow the usual instructions for setting up SB, but do not run the FS Chatwindow fixes or "Squawkbox Host for FS2002". Run HostSB from the FS2002 modules menu, then start "Squawkbox.exe" or "Squawkbox Main Program" (as it appears on your Program Files menu).Be sure to exit Squawkbox before closing HostSB, or you will get a fault in user.exe.Notes: After adding itself to the modules menu in FS2002, HostSB does nothing, and has no further interaction with FS2002, and causes no loss in performance that I can detect. The HostSB dialog caption will be "SB Host" which is necessary for SB to load itself in that window.If you prefer using FS2002 in full screen mode, I suggest switching to windowed mode, run HostSB, start Squawkbox, then switch back to full screen mode.Credits: Bruce Software. Source code for FS menu creation.King Ingersollwki3@nauticom.net-------------------------------------------Enjoy and have a good flight :-beerchugJ. Padron (KMIA)---

Guest rcritz

Many people have found that they need to disable the XP firewall to get SB to work. I don't run XP myself so I can't advise further.

I had the same trouble with SB and XP. You must stop the fireweall of the Win XP: Go to the properties of your Internet connexion and, in Advanced Options disengage the firewall. Then, in SB in the name of the session write 127.0.0.1 and that's all!!!Sergio Morchon